Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=534110a0f100be079fe77c1745d3e81cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[new] Han Solo - Corellia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> DB94 Standards Development -> DB94 New Standards In Progress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: [new] Han Solo - Corellia Reply with quote

This is a thread to start putting things together for Han's Corellia look from Solo: A Star Wars Story.

Amelia (Emily Haas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I recognize right away is that the card detail at the bottom of the vest is the same as Jyn's from her vest, except the button on Han's is yellow where Jyn's is red.

Here's an Etsy store that has it so y'all can see what I am talking about - https://www.etsy.com/listing/607537213/jyn-erso-compad-3d-print?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=jyn%20erso&ref=sr_gallery-1-46

And then I recognized from Danielle's picture she shared:

The silver circles look like the Imperial Disk Greeblie. Here's Elvis Trooper's page on those for comparison - http://www.elvistrooper.com/disk.htm

I'm going to go look and see how other standards have defined these things so we don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Here we go:
Quote:
There is a card device is attached to the left side of the waistband. Card device is silver/gray with a yellow rectangular button.

And it looks like the circle greeblies are called "Imperial Code Disks"
RedCupCosplay ()

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I was encouraged by Captain Solo (Evert) to jump in with the Corellia thread.

A couple of months back I worked on chucking together a relatively cost effective Corellia Han cosplay - I did this with found and modified pieces; I already owned the jeans I used (the screen used trousers had jean style frog mouth pockets), and I bought the rest really cheaply on eBay.

The jumper is a waffle knit which I then cut and distressed. I did this with scissors, burning, and acrylics, as well as some salt water spray.

The leather vest was once a ladies leather jacket that I heavily modified, including painting, distressing and weathering. I still need to source and attach the communicator greeblie but for the most part this is done! Not totally SA but I'm pretty pleased with the result.

The belt was scratch built - I used a solid brass belt buckle and added the design myself (I know the SA one was silver in colour but I couldn't find a suitable one!) as well as sourcing/building the belt tools etc.

The boots were a fun weathering job. These are just cheap pleather engineer boots that I bought for a couple of quid on eBay but they really look the part.

Overall I'm thrilled with this costume - I get a lot of really great reactions to it over on Instagram. It's not 100% accurate but I feel it really captures the gritty aesthetic of the movie.

Hope this is of some use to somebody!

Here are just a few shots of me in costume. Cheers!

RebelScumDani (Danielle Phillips)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedCupCosplay wrote:
Overall I'm thrilled with this costume - I get a lot of really great reactions to it over on Instagram. It's not 100% accurate but I feel it really captures the gritty aesthetic of the movie.

I love seeing your Hans come together. Smile You capture the scoundrel spirit so well! Cool
RedCupCosplay ()

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelScumDani wrote:

I love seeing your Hans come together. Smile You capture the scoundrel spirit so well! Cool

You're so sweet! Thanks for always supporting me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> DB94 Standards Development -> DB94 New Standards In Progress All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: