Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=688d2b8744b8894bbc6a6a062a767431Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[new] Han Solo - Corellia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> DB94 Standards Development -> DB94 New Standards In Progress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: [new] Han Solo - Corellia Reply with quote

This is a thread to start putting things together for Han's Corellia look from Solo: A Star Wars Story.

Amelia (Emily Haas)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I recognize right away is that the card detail at the bottom of the vest is the same as Jyn's from her vest, except the button on Han's is yellow where Jyn's is red.

Here's an Etsy store that has it so y'all can see what I am talking about - https://www.etsy.com/listing/607537213/jyn-erso-compad-3d-print?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=jyn%20erso&ref=sr_gallery-1-46

And then I recognized from Danielle's picture she shared:

The silver circles look like the Imperial Disk Greeblie. Here's Elvis Trooper's page on those for comparison - http://www.elvistrooper.com/disk.htm

I'm going to go look and see how other standards have defined these things so we don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Here we go:
Quote:
There is a card device is attached to the left side of the waistband. Card device is silver/gray with a yellow rectangular button.

And it looks like the circle greeblies are called "Imperial Code Disks"
RedCupCosplay ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I was encouraged by Captain Solo (Evert) to jump in with the Corellia thread.

A couple of months back I worked on chucking together a relatively cost effective Corellia Han cosplay - I did this with found and modified pieces; I already owned the jeans I used (the screen used trousers had jean style frog mouth pockets), and I bought the rest really cheaply on eBay.

The jumper is a waffle knit which I then cut and distressed. I did this with scissors, burning, and acrylics, as well as some salt water spray.

The leather vest was once a ladies leather jacket that I heavily modified, including painting, distressing and weathering. I still need to source and attach the communicator greeblie but for the most part this is done! Not totally SA but I'm pretty pleased with the result.

The belt was scratch built - I used a solid brass belt buckle and added the design myself (I know the SA one was silver in colour but I couldn't find a suitable one!) as well as sourcing/building the belt tools etc.

The boots were a fun weathering job. These are just cheap pleather engineer boots that I bought for a couple of quid on eBay but they really look the part.

Overall I'm thrilled with this costume - I get a lot of really great reactions to it over on Instagram. It's not 100% accurate but I feel it really captures the gritty aesthetic of the movie.

Hope this is of some use to somebody!

Here are just a few shots of me in costume. Cheers!

RebelScumDani (Danielle Phillips)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedCupCosplay wrote:
Overall I'm thrilled with this costume - I get a lot of really great reactions to it over on Instagram. It's not 100% accurate but I feel it really captures the gritty aesthetic of the movie.

I love seeing your Hans come together. Smile You capture the scoundrel spirit so well! Cool
RedCupCosplay ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelScumDani wrote:

I love seeing your Hans come together. Smile You capture the scoundrel spirit so well! Cool

You're so sweet! Thanks for always supporting me!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my attempt at the standard, with photo references to follow in the next post.

Shirt
*The shirt is a long-sleeved black waffle-textured shirt
*The shirt sleeves are pushed up to just below the wearer's elbows
*The collar has a raw edge
*The shirt is worn tucked into the pants.
*The shirt is weathered with white "Corellia mud".

Vest
*The vest is made of a leather-like material.
*The outside of the vest has a crackled white finish.
*The inside of the vest is a black leather-like material.
*The vest has a black mandarin-style collar with topstitching along the edges.
*The left side of the vest opening has a 2-inch section folded back on itself to reveal the black lining. Both sides of the vest opening have lengths of black 3-ribbed tubing/wiring attached. Accurate greeblies should be attached to the tops and bottoms of the tubing.
*The front of the vest features two slanted welted pockets. The welts of these pockets are black.
*The vest has a yolk that begins on the front about 1.5" before the end of the mandarin collar. The back of the yoke extends to the middle of the wearer's shoulder blades. There is a black leather-like strip at the front & back of the yoke, with two rows of topstitching above the strips. Just under the yoke on the right side front of the vest, there are 3 imperial code disks in a triangular layout. Just above the yoke line on the right side front of the vest are 2 black grommets side-by-side.
*The sleeve openings of the vest are trimmed in black leather-like material.
*The backside of the vest has 2 black grommets stacked vertically just beside the left sleeve trim, above the yoke line.
*The back of the vest has a large bottom waistband seam/topstitching.
*There are black insets under each arm. This inset is spanned at the bottom waistband by 1 white strap with a buckle, and 1 black strap with a buckle.
*There is a card device is attached to the right side of the waistband. Card device is silver/gray with a yellow rectangular button.
*The vest is heavily weathered in a white, paint-like substance.

Belt
*The belt is punctured entirely with rows of three holes and a two-prong black buckle.

Holster Belt
*The belt is brown leather, or leather-like, has a plain silver-colored belt buckle affixed at the center by two rivets to the right of the buckle.
*Belt buckle has C-shaped cut-out on the right side of the buckle's face.
*To the left of the buckle, a brown vertical leather-like loop secures a droid caller.
*Leather-like cording secures a grouping of 4-5 code cylinders that dangle below the droid caller
*Leather-like hanging Pocket secures behind the wearer's left hip and holds several tubular greeblies/tools.
*Brown leather belt loop at front of wearer's right hip.
*Rectangular brown pouch sits behind wearer's right hip, with no visible closures.
*A dark-colored tubular pouch behind rectangular one. This pouch is weathered with white paint-like substance

Pants
*Black slim-leg pants with jeans-style front pockets
*Bloodstripes of charcoal/black "brick vinyl" (extra thick iron-on) down outer sides of legs.
*Back pockets with leather-like rounded facing/slit, showing 2 gold/brass rivets below the pocket's opening.
*The pants are distressed and heavily weathered in a white, paint-like substance.

Boots
*Dark-colored engineer-style boots.
*Approx. 1" strap around ankle of boot, with simple slide-buckle at outside of ankle
*The boots are nearly entirely covered with mud/paint-like substance.

Hands/Gloves
*Cream/faded yellow driving gloves with black palms and black wrist strap under D-shaped cutout.
*Grayish-brown textured bandages wrapped around wrists above driving gloves.

Blaster
*Optional: DL-44

Last edited by RebelScumDani (Danielle Phillips) on Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photo References by Item

Shirt

Vest

Belt & Holster Belt

Pants

Boots

Hands/Gloves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> DB94 Standards Development -> DB94 New Standards In Progress All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: