Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e122c46695c115ae74a57c7ab5c3f33eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My Han In Carbonite build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Set Piece and Large Prop Reproduction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lee UtdK ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: My Han In Carbonite build Reply with quote

So a year ago or so, 4 members from the southwest UK decided to build a HIC each. We pulled together, researched, brainstormed, figured stuff out, and each built a full scale HIC, all to the highest standard.

So with one if us being a joiner, that helped with the box. The panels and Han were also sourced so it just left greeblies, paint schemes and other finalising detail stuff to get these looking good.

I won’t bore with details and just document the build as best I can with photos so I hope you enjoy!

The end result of all the work

The build

Several layers of PVA

This is where it all starting to be a 1 step forward, several back. Air holes in the PVA, redcoats due to paint mishaps, etc. Ultimately it led to paint the box, paint Han, paint the box, paint Han. It finally finished with a last coat if silver then needing the mask Han off again to revitalise the box due to a reaction with two types of paint after a spill on the bottom left corner

At last, 3 weeks of working most evenings and we’re almost there....

The weathering; several layers building up with black and burnt umber acrylics mixed with soapy water...

The garage doesn’t look the same anymore, but it’s black glittery floor is pretty cool!!

And Han makes his final journey indoors where (thanks to my fab girlfriend Sam, he is allowed to live (she’s a keeper!!)

Panels fitted, few tidy ups on the paint and he’s almost there. Just the electronics and sound module to get done (thanks to Paul at TRAmp) and then to hang him on the wall.

Huge thanks to Paul Andrews, Leigh Hawker, Mark Tidridge and Ross Walmsely, and of course Paul Whitrow at TRAmp for the electronics.

I am absolutely thrilled with how this turned out. Wasn’t without problems and head banging, tantrums and late nights (thanks again to Sam for tolerating this for 3 weeks), but the end result is fantastic and I am pleased with myself and my HIC....

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Set Piece and Large Prop Reproduction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: