Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=26280c77fe993e52716e4c445baafd6bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Tragically, I'm now ISO a new suit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CenTexChewie (Matthew Walters)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Tragically, I'm now ISO a new suit Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm not new to the board as an observer, but haven't posted really.

I'm in need of some help. I had a bit of a tragedy at my house and my chewie costume has been destroyed. My hot water heater pressure valve busted. Not a huge failure, just enough to flood the wall and closet I kept my kit bags in. We didn't realize it was evening leaking until I went to get my suit ready for Wizard World in Austin this weekend.

My boot are destroyed, my body suit has disintegrated, as has the interior of my mask.

I'm looking for someone that might have or know of a suit that is reasonably priced that I might be able to purchase. I've already started looking at how to fund it, but it might be difficult with us having to repair the hot water heater, wall and closet. I normally wouldn't ask, but I have some Halloween commitments to some charity organizations that have already started promoting that I'm going to be there. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be helpful. Thanks! Crying or Very sad

If it helps, I own an embroidery and screen printing shop and would be willing to work out some sort of trade for a portion or all of a replacement suit.
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's terrible.

What's the source of your original suit? Did you do in all yourself or are any parts commissioned/purchased/kit based? If it's the latter have you contacted the original maker(s)?

What's your budget?

What's your time frame? You mentioned Halloween, are we talking October 31st or do you need it earlier than that?

What kind of boots did you have?
Bacca9 (Jamie)
Assistant Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! That sounds awful! I second Matt's questions. Let us know so we can best figure out how to assist!

Rebel Legion: Bacca9
Apollo Base Commanding Officer
Legion Costume Judge
501st: TK-91107
Mandalorian Mercs: OM-1107
MissyThing ()
Kashyyyk Base CO
Kashyyyk Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry to hear that happened!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this before, but I guess it never went through.

Quote:
It was a hap hazard mash up of personally made and rubies. I converted a rubies bodysuit with wefts of kanekalon and heavily modified a Rubies moving jaw mask. My bandolier is in good shape for the most part, and I use gorilla grip gloves with some wefts of kanekalon sewn to the backs. My boots were Funtasma 6 inch lift boots with foam feet that I carved.

My budget is unknown right now. I'd like to try to work out as much trade as possible, because I'm going to have to spend a bunch of money on fixing the hot water heater and the wet wall that goes to the the back closet.

I've got various events schedules starting on the 5th of Oct through Halloween itself. =/

Thanks for the interest and well wishes everyone! I love dressing as Chewie and was heartbroken when I discovered my suit was destroyed. And I'm sorry for the radio silence. I was able to get a pretty good deal on a hand latched suit and hand made mask. And i've been focused on working that deal out and getting it in and seeing what needs to be done.

Only problem is it was made for someone that's 5' 8" and I'm 6'. The pants fit, just a little short and the top fits, it's just a little short as well. So I'm going to buy some additional mesh fabric and add it on, then hook it.

The mask is static and I'd like a moving jaw, but that's ok. The mask was unstyled and freshly punched, so it's a bit shaggy and makes my head look huge, but that was to be expected with unstyled. Would love some suggestions on how to trim out some of the volume, without making the mask look like it has a hair loss issue. lol

Below is a view of the new suit vs the old. It's a HUGE upgrade and I was really lucky to work out the deal I did for it. Hopefully, I can trim the mask down and get the extensions added quickly enough to put the suit to good use for my events. If I can't get the mask the way I need it, I might be in the market for an different one. If anyone has an extra and they'd like to work out trade, I own a Tshirt/Embroidery company and would be happy to work out a deal.

Bacca9 (Jamie)

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update! Are you going for Legion approval? We can certainly help you get the mask styled. I’ve got several photos on my Facebook page at Chewbacca 5.2 Easier to explain that way perhaps?

Rebel Legion: Bacca9
Apollo Base Commanding Officer
Legion Costume Judge
501st: TK-91107
Mandalorian Mercs: OM-1107

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly going for approval. Need to work on my stilts and need to style the mask.

I'll take a look at your stuff and see what you suggest! Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: