Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b432b4742a49b0035111740424ac606aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hi from Central Illinois

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceMom (Valerie Nance)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Hi from Central Illinois Reply with quote

Hello! My name is Valerie, and I started cosplaying Hera for Celebration 2017, and after talking with some members of the Rebel Legion and 501st at Chicago ComicCon and Saluki ComicCon, I decide to take the plunge and sign up! I’m not quite sure how to proceed with the costume approval. I have a costume, but I know several things need improvement. Should I go ahead and post the pictures so I can get tips on what needs or wait until I’ve fixed things? For example, right now I have a pair of homemade lekku ( stuffed fabric painted with latex) but I have a pair of silicone lekku coming later this month. Should I wait to do photos until after I’ve got them and my new flight cap?

Any advice on the process would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Jedimeg16 (Megan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I grew up in Central Illinois (Bloomington-Normal to be exact), but I’m up by Six Flags now.

Definitely post pictures either here or in the TV shows sub forum for specific help. I have been approved as Hera for just over a year (the only one in NSB so far), and we have up to 6 others in various stages of progress. Which outfit variation is your costume? Mine is season 1-2, so I know that one best.

Member:
Nar Shaddaa Base (Illinois and Wisconsin)
Knights of the Jedi Order
Temple of the Howling Moon (Nar Shaddaa Jedi Temple)
SpaceMom (Valerie Nance)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Nice to meet a fellow Hera! Smile I grew up in Mackinaw, a small town not far from Bloomington-Normal, and am currently living in Lincoln.

For my improved costume, I'm working from Hera's outfit in the "epilogue" of the Rebels finale, which is similar to her S3-4 outfit except for a few details. I'm still working on finding a good place to take my application photos, because our house has terrible lighting, but here are a couple of photos from before and at Chicago Comic Con. (along with my daughter in the Ahsoka hoodie)

I should be getting my new silicone lekku this week and can't wait to try them out!

Last edited by SpaceMom (Valerie Nance) on Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jedimeg16 (Megan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only person I know who has done the finale outfit is Xenadd, but she hasn’t submitted that outfit for RL approval yet. She has several pictures on her Instagram. If you want to check it out, PM me because I don’t feel comfortable publicly sharing anyone’s other social media accounts if they don’t have that information available on their profiles. She does have a website listed on her profile.

And my oldest son cosplays as Jacen, so it will be awesome to have that costume variation in the base! I have so many other costume plans that I haven’t had any time to even consider making any of Hera’s other outfits.

Member:
SpaceMom (Valerie Nance)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I checked out Xena’s webpage—wow, her Hera costumes are incredible! I did see a couple pictures on her page of the Finale outfit, and I’m definitely going to check out her makeup tutorial.

That’s so cool that your son cosplays Jacen! How old is he? I’m hoping I can get my daughter into cosplay with me someday (I think she’d make a great Torra Doza Very Happy), though right now the costume hoodie is about as much as she’ll do. My husband is currently cosplaying Thrawn, though nowhere near at a level for the 501st!

I just got my new lekku today, so I am geeking out over them! I’m a little nervous about painting the designs on them. I need to research painting silicone! Meanwhile, my mother, who is a seamstress, is going to do a trial run of the flightcap.
QueenJane ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I am pretty new here and I also live near Six Flags. My best friend lives in Towanda, so I get down that way at least once a year.

Look forward to meeting you in person!

Heather
SpaceMom (Valerie Nance)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Nice to meet you! Smile

We're planning to be at the Madison Comic Con in November. One of my good friends, who cosplayed Kanan with me at Chicago Comic Con, lives there, so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to get together with her. Hopefully, I'll have the new lekku and flight cap ready to go by then!
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 17 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome...
and glad you are here!!

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Jedimeg16 (Megan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceMom wrote:
Thanks! I checked out Xena’s webpage—wow, her Hera costumes are incredible! I did see a couple pictures on her page of the Finale outfit, and I’m definitely going to check out her makeup tutorial.

That’s so cool that your son cosplays Jacen! How old is he? I’m hoping I can get my daughter into cosplay with me someday (I think she’d make a great Torra Doza Very Happy), though right now the costume hoodie is about as much as she’ll do. My husband is currently cosplaying Thrawn, though nowhere near at a level for the 501st!

I just got my new lekku today, so I am geeking out over them! I’m a little nervous about painting the designs on them. I need to research painting silicone! Meanwhile, my mother, who is a seamstress, is going to do a trial run of the flightcap.

My oldest is 8, and my youngest is 6 1/2, and my youngest cosplays as Ezra, so we have our own mini Rebels group in the family.

For my flight cap I started with the pattern available from Amber Brite on Etsy and modified it to fit better. My lekku are latex, so sadly I am no help there.

Member:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: