Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=78f6d040371db3c2ee68a893b1bc198eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Bel's Season 3 Sabine Wren build!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> TV shows Rebels and Clone Wars costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belomi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Bel's Season 3 Sabine Wren build! Reply with quote

I've been working on this for a while already, but decided to break down and make a build thread! I've posted a few times in the Sabine FB group for help, so anyone lurking may have seen me.

I'm working on Sabine's season 3 light version with the bucket at the moment.

Bucket:
Currently needs some touch ups, but overall I think is going well! I'm going to do some touch ups on the paint tonight and do the topcoat. Still need to try and darken the visor (I was sent a green one, not black).

Misc armor:
I don't have my soft parts yet, so I have been working on random armor pieces I know will fit/I am able to shape. I still need to shape the shoulders, knees, boot armor, make the shins, and decide if I want to make the hand armor smaller.

The checkerboard I actually am starting over on-- my tape popped up during the recoat, so this is after me trying to fix it. Unfortunately, I just didn't end up liking it.

Wig:
I'm in love with this wig, not gonna lie. It's The Five Wits' Sabine wig.

stardancer1914 (Star Dancer)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is coming along nicely! Can't wait to see finished product.

• United Citizens of the Galactic Republic DCO 2016 to present
  • MEB Membership Officer
  • Temple Master Tosche Temple Oct 2018 to present
  • UCGR - DXO 2015
  • Legion Costume Judge - Jedi & Rebel Supporters 2015 to 2017
  • Mos Eisley Base - Grand Canyon State
Belomi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boots came in Thursday night so I couldn't help but paint them. I also finished my sprayer since I figured I'd just use the same method for the splatter on both of them. I added a little more paint on the back half of the boot, but I can't get any good pictures of it since I live alone lmao.

Belomi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually did more today than I expected! I got the Starbird on the other side of the chest piece, which I was super nervous about. I think after adding the weathering, it looks pretty good! Also they the orange on the left and the red on the right actually are different colors-- I don't know why they're photographing so similarly. The one on the left is the same as the top of the bucket!

Belomi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't posted here in a long time! Some updates!

I switched out the orange on the bucket and the less bright orange on the chest piece. While it was different than the red, when they weren't right next to each other, they read as the same color, which was driving me crazy. The chest piece has been weathered and sealed since this photo with temp velcro, but it's drying and I'll update that later.

I've (hopefully) finished the owl and redid the checks + added the yellow outline on the shoulder bells. I'm a little nervous about the owl, but I've been assured it's fine by a few people in the Sabine FB group, so fingers crossed.

I've also FINALLY shaped the shoulder armor and it's got some paint on it! No pictures yet since it's not in a great state yet, but I'll show you soon!
Belomi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you realize the concept art has the wrong color for the Star Bird and that was the reference you were using

l e t m e d i e
Belomi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I made and painted my shin guards! I'm really pleased with how they're turning out so far. I'm going to paint the edges by hand at some point, but not until I get home from break probably.

Belomi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what's all done?

Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Love that she's such a colorful character. Your work looks great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> TV shows Rebels and Clone Wars costumes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: