Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d78d9d892e11c24ddd15749f71351d6bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rogue One: Cassian Andor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rogue One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Policeman Bob ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Pants Reply with quote

I noticed another detail in Cassian's cargo pants. The side cargo pockets are actually very thin, not the traditional size of most cargo pockets. I noticed it first on the toys made for him. The pockets look to only be about 3 to 4 inches wide and with a pleat type thing in the middle. This is mainly for Indy Magnoli and any that make the pants from scratch. In this image you can see the back of the top flap and the bottom of the cargo pocket start to rise just a few inches from the side seam.

Policeman Bob ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also it looks like the pocket only flares out at the back and is sewn flat in the front.
PyrgusMalvae (Evin Hodges)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Frye Alternative Boots Reply with quote

I've just started work on a Cassian costume and I've spent the last 2 weeks or so scouring the internet for alternatives to the $400 Frye boots. I just ordered the "Aldo Xenos Combat Boot" on Amazon for $47, they're real leather and the seaming and shape are incredibly similar, you just have to weather and dirty up the surface a little to match the color. The only real structural difference I can see is that the shaft is about an inch shorter, but once you add the flaps on the front that should be almost imperceptible.

Here's a product link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KQ3NUXA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's a visual comparison: http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r614/PyrgusMalvae/cassian%20boot%20alternative_zpsd6nzlexx.png?t=1499874248

Also, I'm sure others have found his by now, but a seller on Etsy makes nice-looking 3D printed versions of the ski boot buckles:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/521930062/jyn-erso-boot-buckle-set-of-2-3d-print
ichnob ()

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad option for the boots. It looks a little low, but it might work if the judges are okay with it. It's also within the price range I'm comfortable with in terms of having to mod boots.
adjane (Jeremy C.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Someone can tell me where I could find Cassian's shirt and pants ?

Is a military base model?

Thanks in advance Smile

Member of KJO, and Six Tower Jedi Temple of french base
ichnob ()

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an email from Anovos regarding my jacket preorder. Seems that they're on track for the Winter 2017 release. So here's hoping that I will get it in time for Dragon Con 2018.
jeniwan (Jenna Hunt)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We finally have a proposed standard going for Cassian Andor. Since many of you on this thread are interested in the costume, I thought you might want to take a look and add to the discussion: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88277

Thanks!
ThatGuysWithHat ()

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows where to get a Cassian jacket at a discount? Smile
RebelLady (Kristina Gundersen)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatGuysWithHat wrote:
Who knows where to get a Cassian jacket at a discount? Smile

The best source I know of for pre-made Cassian jackets right now is Magnoli Clothiers, but they are not exactly on the budget end.

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/rogue-jacket-wl-rebellion-p-724.html

I know that several of our Jyn's have found jackets on ebay and modified them. Unfortunately, all of the ebay vendors I've seen who sell the Cassian version either use elastic in the waistband rather than topstitching and/or use box-pleating on his arms where there should be bloodstripes. Most of the jackets I found also had odd patches pre-sewn on the jacket where his rank badge and greeblies would go. I also looked at the Cosplaysky version, and it will not meet legion standards for the same reasons listed above.
Sunrider Base Charity Officer 2016-18
-------------------------------------------------------
Mon Mothma, OT X-Wing Pilot, Willrow Hood, Resistance Officer, General Leia Organa (Raddus Bridge)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rogue One All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: