Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0101c98675f167f7aba5ed6e65923ec7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Costumes in progress
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Devaron Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlamariegiac (Carla)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lim Onterra wrote:
Iím currently working on Resistance/Training Rey! I commissioned the vest, gauntlets, arm wraps, and bag, and am waiting to hear back on a commission for the shirt.

I donít own a sewing machine but Iím pretty handy with a needle and thread when it doesnít require yards and yards of sewing so hopefully I finish the pants at the same time the shirt arrives.

Once the big pieces are done, Iíll just need to weather everything and tighten the vest up a teeny bit, among other small adjustments. But Iím thinking I could submit before the end of the summer, fingers crossed Smile

WIP album here (because I canít figure out how to embed pics and am too lazy to go to a desktop lol)
https://imgur.com/a/YxkoyeV

Awesome!! Who did the commissioned parts for you? Good luck with submission Very Happy
Lim Onterra ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlamariegiac wrote:

Awesome!! Who did the commissioned parts for you? Good luck with submission Very Happy

Thank you!! Someone from the Rey Cosplay group on facebook! Her name is Wendy, she has an etsy shop here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ChicAndGeeks?ref=ss_profile

Her work is really incredible and her prices are quite reasonable too, compared to others Iíve seen. The vest and gauntlets were the scariest parts for me but now that theyíre done Iím feeling much more confident Smile
Sonfield ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:07 am    Post subject: 3rd Han ready!! Reply with quote

So excited. Just finished my ANH Han. Submission photos to follow!

TFA KYLO REN
ANH Trooper
First Order Trooper
ANH Vader
Imperial Officer
Solo A Star Wars Story Solo
carlamariegiac (Carla)
Active Legion Member

Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject: Jyn Erso build Reply with quote

I've finally started my Jyn build! Smile
Thanks to Jen over at Echo Base, who will be helping me along the way with this since I'm an amateur when it comes to sewing or working with any soft parts haha.

Here's the list of what I need so far:
Shirt, boots, buckles for pants straps, head scarf (not required but will make eventually), comm-link & vest comm-pad

Here is what I have and need to alter/fix:
Pants, jacket, vest, gloves, belt/holster, blaster & tonfa baton, Kyber crystal necklace

Photos of unaltered pieces:

The shirt I got with this is too shiny and made out of a costume polyester material, so I have to find one that is cotton instead.
As for the pants, they need to be brought in and luckily there is a lot of material to do so. They then need a vertical seam down the back of each leg, and the waist band needs to be aligned with front right vertical seam.

The jacket needs new side stripes down the arms. My plan is to seam rip that weird fuzzy material and then either paint on the stripes or find an iron on vinyl.

Belt, blaster, tonfa/baton, gloves, and Kyber necklace:

Photos of the vest altering:

As it came:

The buckles on the vest are too big, but Jen discovered that the buckles on the pants straps were the perfect size and we had just enough. We removed them and then I painted them black.

Next was fixing the back of the vest so that it didn't scrunch up in the back when I wear it:

We decided to remove a lot of the quilted squares and some of the elastic that was sewn inside of the lining so that it would relax a bit more. This was done by seam ripping the thread to remove some of the squares by the arms and down at the bottom band of the vest. However, Jen decided that the quilting on the back needs to be redone since the squares are still too "puffy."

I then started to make a hand sewn vertical seam down the side of the vest that will run perpendicular to the horizontal seams. There are two on each side that run from the shoulder to the bottom band.

My first time hand sewing!! Lol

Jen then started to work on sewing in the webbing needed under the inner tubing of the vest.

We made some progress, but there is a lot more to do. Jen has tasked me with finishing the vertical seams, starting on the jacket, and taking my pants to be tailored. It's going to be a long project, but I'm super excited to be learning about soft parts and sewing by working on my own costume even if it's from pre-made parts.

I'll keep this updated as I make more progress. Smile
JancerRav (Lindsay Miller)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: 3 down... Reply with quote

Now that Jyn is through, I'm working on Mara Jade (2 varients of the black bodysuit with different accessory sets) and Resistance/Training Rey. As well as a death star plans accessory for Jyn and a Rey staff.
TanRu ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking about doing Lobot. I got a headpiece from KW and found an article about wiring it up, but resources and references are pretty few. Looks like the jumpsuit would have to be made from scratch.
carlamariegiac (Carla)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I decided that I really, really hated the lining and back quilting of my Jyn vest.....

I bought batting, 1/4" flex foam, and red cotton twill for the lining.
So now I have to teach myself how to redo this thing...

Also, I've got the leather pieces for my boots and the color is perfect!

This taking way longer than I thought it would, but it's by my own fault hahaha. I'm determined to take on the challenge. Smile
carlamariegiac (Carla)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Jyn is taking so long... hahaha. I've had this one in my sights for a while, but got a good Black Friday deal on the vest and gauntlets. I may need to redye the wraps since they are more brown looking compared to the grey.

Will just need to make the pants and get the holster and I'll be submitting for Resistance and Training Rey.
carlamariegiac (Carla)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay y'all, here's how this damn thing looked before...

And here's how it looks now...

I've made some changes to the top row and made the squares into more narrow rectangles as per the CRL guidelines.
I swear if I don't get approved with this thing, it's going straight into a very large fire lmao.
carlamariegiac (Carla)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More work on Jyn with Elena! Smile

cjfrancese79 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just submitted my Resistance Pilot. Finger crossed

https://i.imgur.com/LZ2KGz6.jpg
carlamariegiac (Carla)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjfrancese79 wrote:
Just submitted my Resistance Pilot. Finger crossed

https://i.imgur.com/LZ2KGz6.jpg

Awesome!! Good luck! Very Happy
cjfrancese79 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard anything back yet. Not even to acknowledge that I submitted a costume for review. Does it usually take this long?
NitroSpartacus (Chris)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjfrancese79 wrote:
I haven't heard anything back yet. Not even to acknowledge that I submitted a costume for review. Does it usually take this long?

I waited 3 weeks before I got notice my Luke was assigned to a judge and then another week for approval.
carlamariegiac (Carla)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIP on Jyn boots and gloves!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Devaron Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: