Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cfeaccd6d7eec13edfa351f9be51af4dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Firestarter - RFT Build and Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> A New Hope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firestarter (Steven Firestine)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Firestarter - RFT Build and Questions Reply with quote

Hello...501st member here who is currently working on a X-Wing pilot and and really interested in doing a RFT.

Helmet: I've sourced a helmet

Vest: I will probably start with basic black BDU vest. but I'm curious if there are actual patterns available to create a screen accurate vest.

Shirt: Haven't Started

Pants: Haven't Started

Belt: Haven't Started

Holster: Haven't Started

DH-17: I have one, but I am in the process of getting a more screen accurate one.

Boots: Planning on using my Tie Pilot / X-Wing Boots.

Rank Pin: is there anyone who makes these?

Last edited by Firestarter (Steven Firestine) on Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firestarter (Steven Firestine)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Rank Pin Reply with quote

Would this rank pin be approvable? Its 2x2

[img]
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rank badge looks fine. Is that from TiggWolf, or Interstait? (they're the two main vendors I've seen selling them)

There's no pattern for the vest, sorry. There's one member here who has developed one, but he uses it to sell vests. I don't believe he sells the pattern... although if I'm wrong report back! LOL

Otherwise, since you already have the helmet (hardest bit to source), you're on the right path, I think.

Have you selected the chambray shirt you'll be using as a base, or are you sewing the whole shirt from scratch?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definitely be taking a shirt and modifying it. I really can't sew well, though I do have some sewing help available locally.

I will end up doing the Black BDU jacket for the initial vest, though I will definitely want a truly accurate vest eventually.

The helmet will be ordered from Jason Hill and Intergalactic Supply. I've already talked to him and I'll be ordering it shortly.

I ordered the rank badge from Interstait.

My local group has a princess Leia who primarily does ANH Leia, so I'm wanting to have this trooper done to be in the background for some of our events.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the vest, you should take these pictures as reference, they're real props from the movie. I think BDU modification isn't suitable anymore. Maybe find a local tailor to fully build it.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74461&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=135
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riva wrote:
For the vest, you should take these pictures as reference, they're real props from the movie. I think BDU modification isn't suitable anymore. Maybe find a local tailor to fully build it.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74461&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=135

BDU modification is still acceptable for OT RFTs. Rogue One RFTs must use the new style. The new style is optional for OT.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kman wrote:
riva wrote:

BDU modification is still acceptable for OT RFTs. Rogue One RFTs must use the new style. The new style is optional for OT.

Yes, make sense, considering to align the pattern with other local base member.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> A New Hope All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: