Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a53113cf51bfab26add785faaa2ccfa8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[New] Mara Jade - Game (Mysteries of the Sith)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO New Standards In Progress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merc_with_a_Bryar (Sam Falco)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:31 am    Post subject: [New] Mara Jade - Game (Mysteries of the Sith) Reply with quote

Mara Jade (Mysteries of the Sith)

After deciding to follow the path of the Jedi, Mara Jade began training as Kyle Katarn's first Apprentice, due to their similar backgrounds in espionage, and "unconventional" approaches to The Force. Mara split her time re-developing her Force abilities, while going on missions for the New Republic, just as her master.

Required Items:

1. Jacket-
Waist-length field jacket with mandarin-style collar, black or dark gray, cotton fabric, with zipper closure. Faded yellow "bloodstripe" design running from shoulder to cuff, with matching yellow waistband at base of jacket with similar yellow striping. Should have four pockets with flaps, two on the upper chest, and two on the bottom, near the waistband.

2. Shirt-
Gray tank-top style shirt.
OR
"Rebel" style gray bib shirt with mandarin collar and rectangular bib with diagonal flap.

3. Pants-
Fitted trousers, nut/chocolate brown. Should be worn tucked into boots.

4. Boots-
Tall boots, black. No visible laces or zippers, but discreet inner zipper will be accepted.

5. Belt-
Brown leather waist belt with plain, pentagonal metal belt buckle. OT-style Lightsaber clip hook on left-front side of belt.

6. Armor-
Hard plastic, metal, or metal-looking circular knee pads. Silver/metallic coloring, no earth-based symbols or logos should be visible.

7. Lightsaber-
Mara Jade style hilt, may be static prop, but if bladed, must have purple blade. No toys.

8. Hair-
Red hair, tied back in a medium-height ponytail. Red may be natural, dyed or wig, as long as the color is natural red. No neon or bright reds.

Optional Items:

1. Blaster-
BlasTech DL-44 blaster pistol. No scope.

2. Holster-
Leather drop-down model, brown (color must match belt), mounted to right side of belt and extend down to rest against thigh.
OR
Thigh holster attached by straps to front and back of waist belt (Han Solo style), and resting against right thigh.

Note: Either design may incorporate a leg-fastening strap, but it is not required. Blaster may not be carried unless holster is present on costume. They must be used together, or not at all.

3. Gloves-
Leather or leather-like black, full-fingered gloves, ending at, or just above the wrist. No decorations or closure/tightening hardware.

References:

Front

Behind

Lightsaber

Member:
Ra Kura Base (Florida)
Stormfront Temple
Rebel Legion Knights of the Jedi Order
Galactic Stategic Command

Last edited by Merc_with_a_Bryar (Sam Falco) on Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
-Gin (Valentina)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there!
I love Mara Jade and in the last year I thought a lot about her and this costume..so I'll be happy to help you and what you wrote is already good.

Quote:
1. Jacket-
Waist-length field jacket with mandarin-style collar, black or dark gray in color, with zipper closure. Faded yellow "bloodstripe" design running from shoulder to cuff along the outside of both sleeves, and matching yellow waistband with similar striping. Should have four pockets with flaps, two on the upper chest, and two on the bottom, near the waistline.

I think the right fabbric is black or dark grey jeans cotton. For the yellow stripe there are a waistband but the lower edge of the jacket.

Quote:
2. Shirt-
Gray tank-top style shirt.
OR
"Rebel" style gray bib shirt with mandarin collar and rectangular bib with diagonal flap.

I agree

Other reference:

Quote:
3. Pants-
Fitted trousers, medium brown. Should be worn tucked into boots.

Pants are nut or chocolate brown..but..I noticed in some pics there are some folds but I wouldn't know how it could be done or described.

Quote:
4. Boots-
Tall boots, black. No visible laces or zippers, but discreet inner zipper will be accepted.

Okay

Quote:
5. Belt-
Brown/black leather waist belt with plain, octagonal metal belt buckle. OT-style Lightsaber clip hook on left-front side of belt.

The buckle isn' t a octagon but more a V plate or a pentagon plate.

Quote:
6-
Hard plastic, metal, or metal-looking circular knee pads. Silver/metallic coloring, no earth-based symbols or logos should be visible.

I would add that "behind the knees there are visible brown or grey laces"

Quote:
7. Lightsaber-
Mara Jade style hilt, may be static prop, but if bladed, must have purple blade. No toys.

8. Hair-
Red hair, tied back in a medium-height ponytail. Red may be natural, dyed or wig, as long as the color is natural red. No neon or bright reds.

Option:

1. Blaster-
BlasTech DL-44 blaster pistol. No scope.

2. Holster-
Leather drop-down model, brown/black (color must match belt), mounted to right side of belt and extend down to rest against thigh.
OR
Thigh holster attached by straps to front and back of waist belt (Han Solo style), and resting against right thigh.

Note: Either design may incorporate a leg-fastening strap, but it is not required. Blaster may not be carried unless holster is present on costume. They must be used together, or not at all.

3. Gloves-
Leather or leather-like black, full-fingered gloves, ending at, or just above the wrist. No decorations or closure/tightening hardware.

I agree but in my opinion, it's more right if the belt and the holster are only brown.

And..In some screnshots I noticed that Mara wears behind his belt something silver and cylindrical. Could it be a droid caller?

2017-2018
2018-2019
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for the input!

Made the alterations for the jacket you suggested:

1. Jacket-
Waist-length field jacket with mandarin-style collar, black or dark gray, cotton fabric, with zipper closure. Faded yellow "bloodstripe" design running from shoulder to cuff, with matching yellow waistband at base of jacket with similar yellow striping. Should have four pockets with flaps, two on the upper chest, and two on the bottom, near the waistband.

Also the pants:

3. Pants-
Fitted trousers, nut or chocolate brown. Should be worn tucked into boots.

As for those folds, it looks like it might almost be a low-res attempt at bloodstriping, like Han's pants from ROTJ, maybe? I'd like to hear your thoughts before adding that officially though.

I see what you mean about the buckle plate, so I added that, and changed the color of the belt to brown. I'm pretty sure I saw it black somewhere, but until I find a reference for it, I'll leave it brown:

5. Belt-
Brown leather waist belt with plain, pentagonal metal belt buckle. OT-style Lightsaber clip hook on left-front side of belt.

The back of the knee pads look like they might have straps rather than laces. Lets try to find some better screen grabs before altering that detail one way or the other though. Laces aren't very common in Star Wars.

As for the rear part of the belt, I see what you're talking about. Could that be the rear attachment plate for her holster strap?

Thanks again for jumping in on this!

Member:
Ra Kura Base (Florida)
Stormfront Temple
-Gin (Valentina)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here I am!
So..I looked for other images about pants and belt.

Quote:
Asfor those folds, it looks like it might almost be a low-res attempt at bloodstriping, like Han's pants from ROTJ, maybe? I'd like to hear your thoughts before adding that officially though

I don't think there are Corellian bloodstripe like Han's beacause in my mind I'm thinking: "Why did she receive those?" and in the cover image they are so different. Maybe it seems to me more look like Poe Dameron's flight suit stripes, Isn't it?

I do not know! However I think maybe it's better do not add it to the standard at the time.

- - - - - - - -

Quote:
As for the rear part of the belt, I see what you're talking about. Could that be the rear attachment plate for her holster strap?

Yes it can be but it is visible even if she does not wear the holster. Could it be a belt closure? Like this type..

Closure:

- - - - - - - -

Quote:
The back of the knee pads look like they might have straps rather than laces. Lets try to find some better screen grabs before altering that detail one way or the other though. Laces aren't very common in Star Wars.

I'm sorry I thought laces and straps were the same. Which do you think is better between this two? Laces or straps?

Other reference:

2017-2018
2018-2019
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I think the ribbed sleeves are definitely similar to Poe's sleeves, or like Luke's from his yellow ANH jacket, except not in leather obviously haha. I think that considering how narrow the pleating is on the pants stripes, it has to be intended to be the bloodstriping. It's been established that the yellow stripes on brown pants is a feature seen on many SW characters, not just Han, heck, Luke wears the brown pants with yellow bloodstriping at the end of ANH, remember? So I think that fits in logic and appearance.

The rear belt piece I don't think is a closure because it doesn't really make much sense for her to have a closure in the back and in the front like that. I think if we have to make that detail a requirement, we should stick to it being a fixture for the holster. I know that she doesn't have it in the game mode, but I think that may just be down to the graphics limitations. Same reason that Kyle Katarn doesn't have a holster in-game in Dark Forces II, ya know?

As for the knee pads, I think the detailing on them is too vague to be able to positively ID, so perhaps we provide some options? Like... elastic, or a straps, as long as they blend in?

Member:
Ra Kura Base (Florida)
Stormfront Temple
kwinchell (Katherine)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do decide that the sleeves are the same as Poe's flightsuit, that stuff is called Ruffle Elastic and comes in a pretty good variety of colors. It takes synthetics dye pretty well too. (Just finished up a group build of pilots this winter) It isn't too hard to attach as long as you top stitch it before you sew up the sleeves lol.
Kylo_Lyn (Lyn Adams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm of the mind the gold/yellow parts on the jacket may be the most like Luke's ceremonial jacket from the end of ANH. Considering they go around the waist as well, and her outfit is very similar to his (pants, top, jacket), it wouldn't be outside the possibilities.

Both are reasonable options though and would look good both as the arm detail and waist details.
Ben Solo - (approved)
CW Anakin Skywalker - (in progress)
----
Kylo Ren - TFA/Starkiller/Supreme Leader
Leroni (Leroni)
Suspended Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Smile

i will try to bring all these suggestions together to go on with the standard.
Please tell me your changes if i understood something wrong.

Open for changes and comments until:
27 June 2018

Quote:

Standard Name:Mara Jade - Game (Mysteries of the Sith)
Primary Detachment: KJO
Submission Date:
Existing Standard URL:

Front Image:

Source:

Back / Second View Image

Source:

Character Description

Required Items
Hair:

Required Details:
[list]- Hairs are tied back in a medium-height ponytail.
- Natural colors.
Optional Details:
    - Hairs are in natural looking red color.
    - No neon or bright reds.

Shirt:

Required Details:
    - Gray tank-top style shirt.

Optional Details:
    -"Rebel" style gray bib shirt with mandarin collar
    - Rectangular bib with diagonal flap.

Jacket:

Required Details:
    - Black or dark gray, waist-length field jacket
    - Mandarin-style collar
    - Zipper closure.
    - Ruffle elastic is running from shoulder to cuff, at the Waistband and the base of the jacket.
    - Four pockets with flaps, two on the upper chest, and two on the bottom, near the waistband.

Belt:

Required Details:
    - Brown leather waist belt.
    - Plain, pentagonal metal belt buckle.

Lightsaber clip hook:

Required Details:
    - Lightsaber clip hook on left-front side of belt.

Pants:

Required Details:
    - Nut or chocolate brown, fitted trousers.
    - Tucked into the boots.

Armor:

Required Details:
    - Silver, metallic, circular knee pads made of hard material (plastic, metal, or metal-looking)
    - Attachment are visible brown or grey laces at the knee throat.
    - No earth-based symbols or logos are visible.

Boots:

Required Details:
    - Tall boots, black.
    - No visible laces or zippers,
    - Inside zipper are allowed.

Lightsaber:

Required Details:
    - - Silver coloured lightsaber hilt.
    - The lightsaber may be a static prop (hilt-only).
    - Attached blade(s), LED lights, and sound effects, are allowed but not required.
    - If bladed must be purple.
    - No toy sabers, no Ultimate FX short saber.

Optional Items:

Lightsaber:

Required Details:
    - Mara Jade style hilt.

Blaster:

Required Details:
    - BlasTech DL-44 blaster pistol.

Holster:

Required Details:
[list]- Brown leather drop-down model.
- Color must match the belt.
- Mounted to right side of belt and extend down to rest against thigh.
Optional Details:
    - Thigh holster attached by straps to front and back of waist belt.
    - Resting against right thigh.
    - Either design may incorporate a leg-fastening strap, but it is not required.
    - Blaster may not be carried unless holster is present on costume.
    - They must be used together, or not at all.

Gloves:

Required Details:
    - Black, leather or leather-like gloves.
    - Full fingered gloves, ending at, or just above the wrist.
    - No decorations or closuring are visible.

Costume Resources:
- Reference Photo Gallery -

Author:
-Gin (Valentina)

KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Wretched Hive DMerchO 2014/2015
Twilek - Saga

Kylo_Lyn (Lyn Adams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the bloodstripe on the legs? And is it really ruffle elastic on the jacket, or top stitching a la ceremonial Luke?
Ben Solo - (approved)
CW Anakin Skywalker - (in progress)
----
Kylo Ren - TFA/Starkiller/Supreme Leader
-Gin (Valentina)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leroni wrote:
Hello Smile

i will try to bring all these suggestions together to go on with the standard.
Please tell me your changes if i understood something wrong.

Open for changes and comments until:
27 June 2018

Quote:

Standard Name:Mara Jade - Game (Mysteries of the Sith)
Primary Detachment: KJO
Submission Date:
Existing Standard URL:

Front Image:

Source:

Back / Second View Image

Source:

Character Description

Required Items
Hair:

Required Details:
[list]- Hairs are tied back in a medium-height ponytail.
- Natural colors.
Optional Details:
    - Hairs are in natural looking red color.
    - No neon or bright reds.

Shirt:

Required Details:
    - Gray tank-top style shirt.

Optional Details:
    -"Rebel" style gray bib shirt with mandarin collar
    - Rectangular bib with diagonal flap.

Jacket:

Required Details:
    - Black or dark gray, waist-length field jacket
    - Mandarin-style collar
    - Zipper closure.
    - Ruffle elastic is running from shoulder to cuff, at the Waistband and the base of the jacket.
    - Four pockets with flaps, two on the upper chest, and two on the bottom, near the waistband.

Belt:

Required Details:
    - Brown leather waist belt.
    - Plain, pentagonal metal belt buckle.

Lightsaber clip hook:

Required Details:
    - Lightsaber clip hook on left-front side of belt.

Pants:

Required Details:
    - Nut or chocolate brown, fitted trousers.
    - Tucked into the boots.

Armor:

Required Details:
    - Silver, metallic, circular knee pads made of hard material (plastic, metal, or metal-looking)
    - Attachment are visible brown or grey laces at the knee throat.
    - No earth-based symbols or logos are visible.

Boots:

Required Details:
    - Tall boots, black.
    - No visible laces or zippers,
    - Inside zipper are allowed.

Lightsaber:

Required Details:
    - - Silver coloured lightsaber hilt.
    - The lightsaber may be a static prop (hilt-only).
    - Attached blade(s), LED lights, and sound effects, are allowed but not required.
    - If bladed must be purple.
    - No toy sabers, no Ultimate FX short saber.

Optional Items:

Lightsaber:

Required Details:
    - Mara Jade style hilt.

Blaster:

Required Details:
    - BlasTech DL-44 blaster pistol.

Holster:

Required Details:
[list]- Brown leather drop-down model.
- Color must match the belt.
- Mounted to right side of belt and extend down to rest against thigh.
Optional Details:
    - Thigh holster attached by straps to front and back of waist belt.
    - Resting against right thigh.
    - Either design may incorporate a leg-fastening strap, but it is not required.
    - Blaster may not be carried unless holster is present on costume.
    - They must be used together, or not at all.

Gloves:

Required Details:
    - Black, leather or leather-like gloves.
    - Full fingered gloves, ending at, or just above the wrist.
    - No decorations or closuring are visible.

Costume Resources:
- Reference Photo Gallery -

Author:
-Gin (Valentina)

Here I am
I’m so sorry if I abbandoned all of you, but I’ d got troubles at home.
This strandard for me is okay and I think the bloodstripes on the leg may be optional but the yellow one may be not optional. Do you agree Lyn?
2017-2018
2018-2019
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO New Standards In Progress All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: