Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1f39007eef410fd7bc3252cbf8c19ee9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hello from Idaho

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> NEW MEMBERS: Check In Here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystic_Bucket ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Hello from Idaho Reply with quote

Hi. I'm IRL friends with a few Rebels and 501st and Mandos. I've been working on a costume for a while. Its going alright.

I go by Khan, I'm a college student, and I'm obsessed with videogames. I had wanted my first approved costume to be Visas Marr from KoTOR, but its turned harder than I was ready for because of the detailed paint job, so I'm working on another costume first. We shall see.
XWingKC (Joy Hargraves)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello from Idaho Reply with quote

Mystic_Bucket wrote:
Hi. I'm IRL friends with a few Rebels and 501st and Mandos. I've been working on a costume for a while. Its going alright.

I go by Khan, I'm a college student, and I'm obsessed with videogames. I had wanted my first approved costume to be Visas Marr from KoTOR, but its turned harder than I was ready for because of the detailed paint job, so I'm working on another costume first. We shall see.

Hello Khan!
I wish you well in all your costuming endeavors. Which hopefully will be many!
ionicdesign (Michael)
Takodana Base CO
Takodana Base CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, Visas Marr is brilliant. Do tell if we can help with that or the new one. (The current Base CO).

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011–2013 • LCJ • Assistant Rebel Legion Webmaster
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings and welcome to the forum fellow video game addict! Smile

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-RLSC XO - RL Pilot Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mystic_Bucket ()

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ionicdesign wrote:
Excellent, Visas Marr is brilliant. Do tell if we can help with that or the new one. (The current Base CO).

Well, I could use some help actually.

The shape of the costume overall is coming out fine, but the detailed pattern on the overdress is next to impossible. I wanted to make a digital file to get a sheet cut so I can spray paint through the pattern and have it come out the same and perfect everywhere, you know what I mean? But I can't seem to get it right.

I know the best looking already-accepted Visas all used similar techniques, but I cannot seem to figure out how to get it right.

& Thanks all others for warm welcoming.
ladyb (Brita Capell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael could help make a master for you if that helps. Have you tried making one for pinwheels? (this is the one from The Flagship Eclipse right?).

If not for hand cutting the template I'd have probably already done this one too, such a lovely design.

...she may have saved us...we lost our way...She [was] a true friend of the Jedi...
—Obi-wan Kenobi about Asajj Ventress
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> NEW MEMBERS: Check In Here All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: