Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1bd591634a223f35e0442f0d77a07adcMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Commander Iden Versio Rebel Pilot Standards (proposal)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> RLSC Standards Development -> RLSC New Standard Proposals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CommanderVersio ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Commander Iden Versio Rebel Pilot Standards (proposal) Reply with quote

Not sure whether to post here, or in the "ALL READ: New/Unfinished Costume Standards" thread, so please bear with this lost soul.

There's been a growing clamor for standards for Iden Versio's Rebel attire. I've put together a list based on my approved build, and existing X-wing pilot standards, as well as 501st Iden Versio standards. Build thread here:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93623&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Commander Iden Versio (Battlefront 2, Rebel pilot attire)

Required Items:
1. Grey Shirt
- 3/4 length sleeve shirt, or full sleeved rolled to 3/4” length

- Red Rebel Alliance logo patch on right sleeve, approximately 2 1/4” inches from shoulder seam, or about where deltoid muscle connects to bicep and tricep
-Light to heavy weathering

2. OT Orange flightsuit in standard X-Wing pilot style
-Rolled and tied at the waist

-Thigh pockets, 3 in total on each leg (upper and lower set required). Pocket functionality not required

-Mandarin-style cuffs

-No visible closures

3. Black chest harness
-Straps made from leather, leather like material, or webbing, approximately 1 7/8”wide
-A total of four straps will be used. One for the left shoulder, right, and two for the left and right side the chest. Shoulder straps attach to back plate at it’s top edge, loop around shoulder, under arm, and reattach to back plate along the side edges.

- 3 metal buckles with silver finish worn on either shoulder, and one large buckle at center of chest. Buckle openings should match strap width and sit flush against strap. No large gaps in between buckles and straps. Buckle thickness should be equal on all sides. 
-Center chest buckle is comprised of three pieces. Two equal size outer buckles, and one rectangular center piece that sits underneath the two outer buckles. Rectangular piece has a thin, elongated “pill” shape cut out in the center, with center, vertical indentation line. 

-Chest straps loop around shoulder straps, and through chest buckle. Both straps have belt loops approximately 1/4” away from sides of chest buckle

-Straps should fit snuggly around chest so that structural integrity of harness is not changed when posed differently 
-No visible stitching, grommets, or closures
-Back plate should be scaled to wearers back. About the size of wearer’s shoulder blade to shoulder blade. Consists of five total pieces- three “soft” parts and two hard pieces. Back “plate” itself should be made of sturdy material that contours to wearer’s back. Second hard piece is “handle” shape that sits at top edge of plate. Should be slightly curved and sit raised on plate. All soft pieces should be approximately the same width as harness strap pieces. One lays across the bottom edge of the back plate, where shoulder straps will connect parallel to on the underside of the back plate. Two rectangular corner “tab” pieces will sit on either side other the top of the back plate, flush to the side edges, made of leather or leather-like material. Bottom edge of tabs should be about parallel to bottom edge corner of the “handle” hard piece. Rectangular tab pieces are quilted, top-stitched around the entire rectangle. The top stitched area is then divided and top-stitched into three shapes on the single rectangular tab piece. One square segment at the bottom of the tab piece, and two equal-sized rectangles at the top. The finished tab pieces are attached to the back plate, with the square shape half at the bottom attaching to the back plate, and the top half with the two rectangular pieces attached to the shoulder straps.

4. Black TIE pilot belt with black drop boxes
-Black drop boxes dangle from the sides of front of belt via black elastic or nylon straps. Straps are not visible, and drop poxes should sit directly underneath belt.

-Black ROTJ E-11 holster in leather or leather-like material and worn on the left side
-Black or dark brown pouch in leather or leather like material attached via belt loops. 

-Large metal-like buckle, approximately 2 7/8” by 3 1/2”, in silver appearance in back of belt on the right side. Belt is bisected and loops around outer sides of buckle. Buckle sides should be approximately 1/2” wide, no thinner than 1/4”.

5. Fingerless black gloves
-Leather or leather like material

6. Light grey/silver ejection harness
-Heavy polypropylene strapping or other strapping material that is 2” wide. 
-Ejection harness is attached and looped around TIE belt on either side of the middle of the outer thigh.

-Outer thigh strap loops forward around the belt, drops approximately 3”, and loops around upper leg strap loops. 
-Leg loop straps fit loosely around thigh and hang asymmetrically

-Four metal buckles with silver finish worn on harness leg loops. Two per leg- one in front and one in back, placed towards outer area of thigh. Buckle open area must be 2” and sit flush or near flush to 2” webbing of leg loop.

7. Silver leg flares in a Grey drab or webbing leg band holder
-Maximum of 8 flares per holder
-Flare are flare holder should be approximately 4” in height, middle “holder” piece is 2”

-Metal leg flares are preferred, but other materials are permitted as long as, when finished, give the appearance of being metallic and silver in finish. 

-Leg flares are spaced evenly around the leg
-Leg flares are worn on left boot leg and positioned so that there is no gap between the flare holder and the top of the boot

8. Mid- calf black boots (Jack boots or engineer boots are acceptable)
- Leather or leather like material pull-on style preferred with low heels
-Boots should be largely unadorned. No laces or ankle buckles (small buckle at top edge of boot allowable if covered by blousing)

-No zippers on front, outside, or back of boots. Any zipper closure must be hidden and on the inside calf and black in color. 

-High-calf boots are acceptable with sufficient blousing of the flightsuit legs

9. Hair
-Dark brown to black parted to the right side with Dutch style braid
-Hair pulled into plain bun centered at the middle back of head.

Optional Items:
-ROTJ E-11 Blaster
-ID-10 "Dio" Seeker droid, attached to back plate of chest harness
-X-wing pilot helmet with Iden Versio helmet style decoration

I may have gotten a little too detailed in some parts, but I personally like detailed and specific instructions. Less room for error.

EDIT- 8/17/18- Reference photos added-

Reference photos:

Front-

Front top reference (for Rebel Alliance crest size reference)-

Front lower half (for grey color reference on leg flare holder and leg ejection harness)-

Right side reference-

Back reference-

Back reference closeup-

And for easier access- my costume profile photos-

Front-

Back-

Right-

Left

Detail

Last edited by CommanderVersio () on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize, I didn't see this earlier. But I went ahead and moved this to the correct sub-forum. Smile

The standards are sounding good so far. I need to read through them more thoroughly but so far they're sounding fine to me. Could you provide some reference pictures to go along with your proposal, please?

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-RLSC XO - RL Pilot Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CommanderVersio ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
I apologize, I didn't see this earlier. But I went ahead and moved this to the correct sub-forum. Smile

The standards are sounding good so far. I need to read through them more thoroughly but so far they're sounding fine to me. Could you provide some reference pictures to go along with your proposal, please?

Done! Edited original post to include reference photos at the bottom.

One change is the belt is a standard black belt (leather or leather like material) belt, not the "TIE" as said when I first wrote the proposal, which may or may not have the ammo pack face on it (I.E. She just kept her belt from Inferno Squad garb). This, however is entirely speculation, as we never see the belt fully in-game, and we can only take this fanmade manip with a grain of salt-

Also, of course, drop boxes may be light to moderately weathered.
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her belt is definitely a weird thing. It's got the plastic ribbed box strip of a stormtrooper belt (painted black instead of white), stormtrooper belt drop boxes that are much thinner, and then I can't tell if it's black leather or black webbing that goes around her back-- both could probably be acceptable. Then there's those two strange slide buckles on the back of the belt, which definitely aren't on regular stormtrooper belts. Quite the combination! Razz

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CommanderVersio ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her belt is definitely a weird thing. It's got the plastic ribbed box strip of a stormtrooper belt (painted black instead of white), stormtrooper belt drop boxes that are much thinner, and then I can't tell if it's black leather or black webbing that goes around her back-- both could probably be acceptable. Then there's those two strange slide buckles on the back of the belt, which definitely aren't on regular stormtrooper belts. Quite the combination! Razz

Yes, I want to say it's her Inferno Squad belt, but modified:

Again, though, there is no official proof of the ammo belt face. We only see that she still has the same drop boxes and holster. That being said, one can easily buy a single shadowtrooper ammo belt replacement piece and tack it on- no need to spray paint. Personally, since I've finished my Inferno Squad belt I was thinking I'd just take the ammo belt piece off and swap it between the two whenever I troop with one or the other.

Definitely a single large, thick, buckle in the back, though. You can see it in the "Back reference closeup" photo that the belt doesn't thread through like it does on a slide, as well as the flightsuit orange peeping through the buckle openings. Purely an ornamental design element and not at all for function!
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd wager that the belt probably does have the ammo boxes on it... If it is the same belt from her Imperial days, and it seems like it is, that would just make sense. For some things like this we just have to make assumptions and go with what sounds the most likely.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
CommanderVersio ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd wager that the belt probably does have the ammo boxes on it... If it is the same belt from her Imperial days, and it seems like it is, that would just make sense. For some things like this we just have to make assumptions and go with what sounds the most likely.

Sounds good to me! Smile
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll ask Gil to chime in and see what he thinks, too. Smile

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fine to me.

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CommanderVersio ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll ask Gil to chime in and see what he thinks, too. Smile

Thank you! Very Happy

JediXXL wrote:
Looks fine to me.

Awesome! Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> RLSC Standards Development -> RLSC New Standard Proposals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: