Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4f0ee3f42dfe477885c653969d96b1a4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Helmet Assistance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rogan Creel (James Mazerat)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Helmet Assistance Reply with quote

Just when I thought this outfit was complete my helmet was damaged at DragonCon and I lost my helmet mic. Does anyone know of someone making suitable parts to replace the mic?
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this for a fan-made helmet kit or the Black Series helmet? If it's a kit you could try contacting the seller and they'd probably get you another microphone. If it's the Black Series, I know someone here on the RL sells metal pieces, or there's these 3D printed ones... https://www.etsy.com/listing/574569618/resistance-x-wing-pilot-helmet-greeblies?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=black%20series%20poe%20dameron%20helmet&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-RLSC XO - RL Pilot Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. It's a fan made kit. The maker discontinued it a while back and isn't sure his molds are even good. Who is making metal parts? If all else fails I'll go the 3d print route. Either one would probably require minimal work to mount to the helmet as it is now.
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember who it was that was making the metal parts... The thread should be somewhere in the costume sales sub-forum. Though now that I think about it, I think that they were made for the Black Series helmet, I'm not sure if they'd fit on a different helmet or not.

Perhaps try asking a different helmet supplier? I'm not sure exactly who makes the Resistance X-wing pilot helmets but I know there are a few people that do. Maybe they would let you buy what you need from them? Or 3D print, yeah.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-RLSC XO - RL Pilot Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
secretsquirrell (Larry Franklin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject: mic pieces Reply with quote

My wife is in the same boat, i found the mic .stl file but the round piece that attaches to the helmet is a different story. If I find anything I will print an extra for you.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Mine's an Amis helmet. The 3d print parts are slightly different and I'll have to do some cutting to make them work. I'm going to drop him one more email this week to see if there was any luck with the old molds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: