Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5e2e444df1a106a24bf72a6175d1d518Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[Revision Proposal] Corran Horn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standard Revision Proposals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leroni (Leroni)
Lothal Base CO
Lothal Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: [Revision Proposal] Corran Horn Reply with quote

Dear Michael
Do what ever you want with "YOUR" standard.

Always thought we are writing the standards for the RL .. not for our personal well-being.

yours
Leroni
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Wretched Hive DMerchO 2014/2015
Twilek - Saga

Last edited by Leroni (Leroni) on Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:39 am; edited 2 times in total
ionicdesign (Michael)
Takodana Base XO
Takodana Base XO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: [Revision Probosal] Corran Horn - Comics (pics) Reply with quote

Again this is not from the comics. There is no need to have the have an arbitrary category in the title.

Leroni wrote:
Hello Smile

For this standard more pictures are needed.
We dont have a picture from the back (360° needed)

Also not true.

Quote:
1. Two or more images, head to toe, showing the front and back of the costume being created OR a 360-degree head-to-toe turnaround of the character.

There are many images showing the details of this costume. The back details can be obtained from the Champions of the Force (COTF) figurine. I have one sitting on my desk.

The way the tunic's arms are described needs to be clearer, like I had them before.

The vest could perhaps better be described as a Vest / Tabard.

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011–2013 • LCJ • Assistant Rebel Legion Webmaster
ionicdesign (Michael)
Takodana Base XO
Takodana Base XO

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So unless this is the version we're talking about "comics" should be removed.

Corran Horn, Jedi Knight.

I will revisit the tunic arms so there is better clarity on what works to replicate the look.

ionicdesign (Michael)
Takodana Base XO
Takodana Base XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: [Revision Proposal] Corran Horn, Jedi Knight Reply with quote

Leroni wrote:
Dear Michael

Always thought we are writing the standards for the RL .. not for our personal well-being.

yours
Leroni

My concern has always been accuracy for the costume and classification. The costume is not from the comics. It is a shame to see the framework deleted.

I've been working with Carolyn on refining the tunic descriptions to match what is seen and replicatable from the reference (Carolyn and I did write the original standard).

longshot7014 (William Holmes)
Legion CO
Legion CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
South Carolina Relief Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: [Revision Proposal] Corran Horn Reply with quote

Leroni wrote:
Dear Michael

yours
Leroni

Leroni,

But this seems a very harsh way to address Michael's feedback. While you may not agree with him and encourage you express your views, this seems to be written in the form of an attack and really is not appropriate here.

Honestly, this may be a violation of the Charter. I would advise not making these issues personal in any way. Though I will be informing the LCOG to monitor the thread.

Thanks,

--Bill

Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I'm going to take care of the rewriting of the Costume Standard. As soon as I can, I'm going to edit the first post and follow the suggestions made by the legionaries, so we can have a rewrite of the Costume Standard that is beneficial to everyone!

May the Force always accompany you!

Yours! Wink
•BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
•BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14

Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: [Revision Proposal] Corran Horn, Jedi Knight Reply with quote

ionicdesign wrote:
Leroni wrote:
Dear Michael

yours
Leroni

My concern has always been accuracy for the costume and classification. The costume is not from the comics. It is a shame to see the framework deleted.

I've been working with Carolyn on refining the tunic descriptions to match what is seen and replicatable from the reference (Carolyn and I did write the original standard).

Hello Michael!

When I can, we resume the rewriting of this Costume Standard

Yours!

Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: [Revision Proposal] Corran Horn Reply with quote

longshot7014 wrote:
Leroni wrote:
Dear Michael

yours
Leroni

Leroni,

But this seems a very harsh way to address Michael's feedback. While you may not agree with him and encourage you express your views, this seems to be written in the form of an attack and really is not appropriate here.

Honestly, this may be a violation of the Charter. I would advise not making these issues personal in any way. Though I will be informing the LCOG to monitor the thread.

Thanks,

--Bill

Hello Bill.

I want to apologize for this incident. When I can, we resume the rewriting of this Costume Standard, so that we have a Costume Standard that benefits everyone.

I apologize for this event. the KJO Staff will try to find the best solution.

Thank you very much to all!

Yours!

longshot7014 (William Holmes)
Legion CO
Legion CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: [Revision Proposal] Corran Horn Reply with quote

Oraculo wrote:
longshot7014 wrote:
Leroni wrote:
Dear Michael

yours
Leroni

Leroni,

Thanks,

--Bill

Hello Bill.

I want to apologize for this incident. When I can, we resume the rewriting of this Costume Standard, so that we have a Costume Standard that benefits everyone.

Yours!

Thanks Agustine. I appreciate your attention to this matter.

--Bill

Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: [Revision Proposal] Corran Horn Reply with quote

longshot7014 wrote:
Oraculo wrote:
longshot7014 wrote:
Leroni wrote:
Dear Michael

yours
Leroni

Leroni,

Thanks,

--Bill

Hello Bill.

Yours!

Thanks Agustine. I appreciate your attention to this matter.

--Bill

You are welcome Bill!

Yours!

ionicdesign (Michael)
Takodana Base XO
Takodana Base XO

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oraculo wrote:
Hello everyone!

I'm going to take care of the rewriting of the Costume Standard. As soon as I can, I'm going to edit the first post and follow the suggestions made by the legionaries, so we can have a rewrite of the Costume Standard that is beneficial to everyone!

May the Force always accompany you!

Yours! Wink

Thank you, that will be good.

Leroni (Leroni)
Lothal Base CO
Lothal Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: [Revision Proposal] Corran Horn Reply with quote

longshot7014 wrote:
Leroni wrote:
Dear Michael

yours
Leroni

Leroni,

Thanks,

--Bill

Hello Bill,
if we could talk in a normal way (both of us) it would be much more easier. Its not a question of agreement. its a question of (only know it in german will try to translate) "how you shout into the wood it will sound back".

If he would have interest i could expain to him that it is no problem to call the standard "Corran Horn - Bookcover / Figure".
And i could also explain to him that there is a reason why i think that a standard should explain what the costume looks like and not how to produce it.

I am very sorry that Agustin had to say sorry for me.
I didnt read your post yesterday (you know different time zone)

EDITED BY COG: ACCUSATION AGAINST OTHER MEMBERS NEED TO BE SENT PRIVATELY TO THE COG AND NOT IN PUBLIC FORUM.

EDITED BY COG: PLEASE CONTACT COG DIRECTLY AND PRIVATELY TO REQUEST ASSISTANCE FOR RESOLUTION AND NOT IN PUBLIC FORUM.

Conclusing let me say:
Sorry Michael, my reaction was too massiv and my post was too harsh.

Yours
Leroni
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Wretched Hive DMerchO 2014/2015
Twilek - Saga

Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: [Revision Proposal] Corran Horn Reply with quote

longshot7014 wrote:
Leroni wrote:
Dear Michael

yours
Leroni

Leroni,

Thanks,

--Bill

I am monitoring and everyone should consider themselves warned by the LCO to adhere to the Charter Code of Conduct while participating on these forums and in these discussions. Any further misconduct could result in disciplinary action against the offender(s).

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kai Vandekar ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody!

I am Carolyn! I helped Michael years ago with the Corran Horn standards. Smile I know I've not been active in a long time, but for what it's worth, I kinda like the simplicity of just calling it "Corran Horn, Jedi Knight." Since the costume is described by the Jedi Knight title, and there is not a specific comic book, etc. that it comes from, that seems like it covers it without becoming confusing by mistake.

Also, for what it's worth, with my Corran costume at least, we did a full length green sleeve, with the undertunic colored wraps just put on top of those. That actually was helpful for me, because my fear was a 3/4 length sleeve might actually pull away from the wrap when one was moving or posing, exposing some arm. Having the sleeve actually to to the wrist with the wrap on top eliminated that issue, and seemed to match up fine with the illustrations that are used as the references! Smile Obviously, if one wanted to make it a 3/4 sleeve, I think that would be fine too, but maybe the standards should allow for both possibilities?

Thanks for letting me jump in. I know I've been absent, but I love Corran Horn and hope that the input was helpful!

Take care all!

Carolyn (Kai)
ionicdesign (Michael)
Takodana Base XO
Takodana Base XO

RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those not familiar Carolyn has an excellent Corran. Hopefully can convince her to apply in it at some point. The original standard was written by the two of us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standard Revision Proposals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: