Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=999701258a76d0832fe615aaa015893dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Yavin Operations Trooper WIP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PArmstr (Patricia Armstrong-Krauss)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Yavin Operations Trooper WIP Reply with quote

I have a question. Would this Hasbro Star Wars Rogue One - Blaster Sergeant Jyn Erso blaster rifle with the added parts qualify as a Blastech A-300 in sniper configuration, if I sand off the writing, fill the screw holes and paint it? If not, how much would I have to change that it would? It took me almost two years to collect the parts for this blaster due to the fact that I am on a budget and that the Star Wars Rogue One NERF Captain Cassian Andor Deluxe Blaster is not sold in Germany.

Thorn_Korrd ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, in my book it would.
Here in Germany we get the very short end of the straw all the time when it comes to availability of materials.
You could, however, try to craft a longer shrouded barrel with cooling vents out of PVC pipe from the nearest OBI or Bauhaus or whichever DIY store you've got in your neck of the woods.
I'd be happy to help.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thorn_Korrd wrote:
Pat, in my book it would.
Here in Germany we get the very short end of the straw all the time when it comes to availability of materials.
You could, however, try to craft a longer shrouded barrel with cooling vents out of PVC pipe from the nearest OBI or Bauhaus or whichever DIY store you've got in your neck of the woods.
I'd be happy to help.

Thank you for your kind offer to help me. I think my husband and I will be able to make the barrel ourselves if necessary but I will let you know if we run into problems. A 5cm PVC-pipe from one of the many local DIY stores should do the trick.
Thorn_Korrd ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to trooping with you.
There are only few R1 costumes in Germany, so your support is much appreciated.
Are you at RPC this weekend?
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a number of 3D printable parts available on Thingiverse which can help make it look less like the Nerf base, as well.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thorn_Korrd wrote:
Looking forward to trooping with you.
There are only few R1 costumes in Germany, so your support is much appreciated.
Are you at RPC this weekend?

No, I am not at the RPC this weekend. I cannot go to the RPC, FedCon or Legoland because they are too far away and I cannot fit them into my schedule. The LuxCon and Speyer is as far I can go. My husband and I will be in Speyer on Sunday the 30th of September.

I hope to get four Rogue One costumes approved until Feburary 2019. I am making the Signals Intelligence Technician, the Yavin Operations Trooper and Yavin Operations Trooper Officer at the same time. After they are approved I will add the flak vest, the cap and some optional gear to make a Scarif Marine.

kman wrote:
There are a number of 3D printable parts available on Thingiverse which can help make it look less like the Nerf base, as well.

I know. I have downloaded the files for the stock, the adapters for the barrel and the DH17/A-280 scope as well as the A280 scope. Unfortunately, I have not found someone to print them for me yet.

Here is a little update. I finished my olive self-made PLCE belt. I almost broke my sewing machine because the PLCE webbing is thick and stiff. I have also received my 3XL coyote colored BDU pants from rothco that I ordered in the USA. They fit OK right out of the package. I hope they still fit after washing them the first time. The leather for my anklet cuffs has also arrived today. It is very soft. I will have to put something inside of it to make it stiffer.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished the basic anklet cuffs. Know I have to figure out what I want to use for the greebies on the right cuff.

jthatcher (Jim Thatcher)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PArmstr wrote:
I just finished the basic anklet cuffs. Know I have to figure out what I want to use for the greebies on the right cuff.

If you have access to a 3D printer, I can send you files that I used for mine.

Jim Thatcher
Mos Espa BMO
R.A.I.D. Endor Commando, Rebel Marine (Scarif) - 307th Desert Rats
C.O.R. Captain Rex - Anooba Squad
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jthatcher wrote:
PArmstr wrote:

If you have access to a 3D printer, I can send you files that I used for mine.

That would be very kind of you. I know two people that have a 3D printer. Perhaps one of them will be able to print your file in between other projects. I will send you a PM with my email address. Thank you very much.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My acquaintances with the 3D printer did not have time to print any parts for the blaster yet so my husband took a Nerf barrel apart and tried to make a barrel for my A-300.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My coyote colored BDU pants from rothco arrived last week. I have taken about 4 inches in length off the legs and also added a rubber band in the hem of each leg. I still have to work on the belt loops or my olive green PLCE belt will not fit through them.

The color does not come out well in the first two photos. They look more like a dark khaki. Due to that I look some color comparison photos.

The pants are a couple of shades darker than the light khaki shirt.

On the top from left to right:
My brown BDU pants from TRU-SPEC, which I am going to use for my Signals Intelligence Technician. My coyote colored BDU pants, which I want to use for this costume. My husband’s coyote colored SFU NEX combat pants from Helikon.
On the bottom from left to right:
My olive and black colored imperial officer caps from Museums Replicas. A tan colored and a coyote colored BDU cap from MFH.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, I found some end caps for my ankle cuff greebies. I had to use a pipe with a 16-millimeter diameter instead of one with 25-millimeter diameter. I painted everything by hand using Revell colors. The weather did not permit using spray paint. I am waiting for better weather so that I can spray on some clear coat.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been working on my shirt for the last two weeks. I made a new collar from a second shirt. The left side of the front of this shirt used to be the back of the second shirt. I also took off the cuffs. Now I just have to add the second layer off the bib and shorten the sleeves.

I kind of freaked out when I looked at the new photos of my shirt. I could not see a difference in color between the two shirts with the naked eye when I worked on them. I hope it is only visible when photos are taken indoors with a flash. It could be a problem for my signals intelligence technician costume but it should not be one for this costume. Everything that will be visible when the jacket is open has the same color.

I think I have found a pattern that I can use as a starting point for the jacket. I hope to be making my first mock-up as soon as my signals intelligence technician finished and approved.

While I was working on my soft parts my husband did some work on my A-300. He sanded off the writing and drilled some holes in the barrel. He also added the connectors for the strap.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shirt is almost finished. The only thing that still needs to be done is sewing on a lot of snap buttons.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished the shirt this morning. I really do not like sewing on snap fasteners by hand. I like how the shirt looks from the front. I do not like the way the back looks. It is probably a good thing that the jacket will cover excess fabric on the back.

I really need to learn how to alter patterns or how to draw them myself so that I could make the shirt fit better. I guess that is another thing for my to-do list before I start making the first mock-up of my jacket.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: