Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d59e836c54fe110158b999bf18994d95Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ste-Waz Sandoli's Colonel Soontir Fel (validated)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ste-Waz Sandoli (Stephane VOISEY)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Ste-Waz Sandoli's Colonel Soontir Fel (validated) Reply with quote

Here I am with a new project. As writed in the title I am on a Colonel Fel's costume now.

Tycho Celchu said : "Fel is the best imperial pilote alive !"

First step : Learn a little more on this character to personify him fine in the Rebel Legion : wookiepedia is here to refresh my memory.

Second step: Checking the CRL.

And review the proposition of a revision of the CRL I made (Here)

Ste-Waz Sandoli wrote:
I am not yet a member of the RLSC, so I can't post in their subforum. (EDIT : now I am)

After the great update of the X-wing Pilot costume standard they greatly managed, I'd like to introduce a minor revision of the Baron / Colonel Fel Costume Standard. Just to make work with any future evolution of the x-wing pilot CRL.

Baron/Colonel Fel Costume Standards - Revision

Required Items:

1. X-Wing pilot Costume descibed here with the following changes and additions :
a. Black flightsuit in the TIE/X-Wing pilot style with a 1'' to 1,5'' red strip running from where shoulder meets collar to wrist, and armpit to ankle on both sides.
b. the leg flare band holder must be black.
c. The flakvest can be white or light grey.
d. The chest box is secured around the collar and the back with black or olive drab nylon/polypropylene/polyester straps (black is prefered)
e. The Comm Pad may be either the white X-wing version or the black TIE version.

2. Hair must be black/colored black and combed back in "widow's peak" style haircut.

3. Facial hair cut in "goatee" style or a consistent "five o'clock shadow."

Formal Requirements:
You must have at least one of the following items to be accepted:

1. X-Wing helmet with Baron Fel style decoration.

a. Black helmet has a Mohawk design and raised side panels as seen in the films.
b. White trapezoidal cap on the front of the Mohawk with the appropriate design.
c. Amber or dark grey colored visor covering the eyes (maybe be fixed or movable).
d. White chin cup with black elastic straps. Elastic straps should be fixed to the inside of the helmet.
e. Black weather stripping around the “ears” and neck borders.
f. Baron Fel paint scheme, including a red Rebel Birdie on the left side of the Mohawk and a doted red line on the Mohawk

2. Mini-flares on belt.
a. A mix of filled and empty slots are okay.
b. Metal or other materials that, when finished, have a metallic silver appearance.

3. Accurate belt buckle on web belt, as described in the X-wing costume reference library.

And Last : Checking how the vision of the character I've got meets the CRL.

He was an imperial pilot, one of the best, leading the famous 181st imperial fighter wing.
He is an officer, with the title of Baron of the Empire.

So this mean this fellow is someone very proud of his status.

1. The Flightsuit : Proud enough of is starfighter pilot past to wear is old black TIE pilot jumpsuit with the bloody-red strip instead of the regular orange pilot flightsuit.
    My vision of the flightsuit works with the CRL

2. The boots : He is a leader, he was an imperial officer, so he prefers wear his high-calf officer's boots better than the regular jackboots.
    The CRL preconizes mid-calf jackboots but high-calf boots are allowed with a sufficent blousing effect.
    Well I have mid-calf boots with my generic X-wing pilot costume, but I will wear and submit high-calf boots. This option possible withe the CRL meets my vision.

3. The leg flares : Same as the X-wing pilot standards, The CRL allows olive drab or black leg-band holder.
    I've already got an olive drab leg band holder with my generic X-Wing costume use it on these costume is easy but, the flightsuit is black with red parts : Black/Red/Olive Drab or Black/Reb/Black, I choose. The leg band holder will be black !

4. Ejection harness and web belt : They are the same in the X-wing pilote. So I will use this part for the both costumes at this point (and will have a piece of it with each costume later)

5. White or light grey flakvest : Well my preference is on the grey one. But I will buy one later. For the moment I will use my generic white one. Then after, I will use the grey or the white one according to the moment feeling or on demand.

6. The chestbox : On reference pics I found, FEL sometimes does not wear a chestbox. I think the chestbox could be optionnal on this costume, but it is a Required item of the CRL. So, I've got a generic chestbox, from Droidwelder, validated with my generic X-wing costume, with this design :

Checking the pilot forum regarding acceptable buttons colors schemes and switches, I can see that red buttons are possibles (ESB, Hoth, Zev Zevnesca) so why not trying to submit a very red version who is looking great with this costume ? So I asked David (Droidwelder) to build me one with this scheme :

as my Fel's chestbox. As the same I prefer a black leg band holder, I turned the olive drab strap of the box to a black one.

I really hope that the LCJ will like it ! (pics soon !)

7. The arm tools : No comment

8. The Black gauntlet-style gloves : No comment

9. The Comm Pad : One more time, I think FEL is proud of his "best imperial pilot alive" status, so as I think he did, my choice is on a TIE version of the Comm-Pad.

10. & 11. Black colouring my hairs and my goatee will make me look 15 years younger ! I will do, I don't care but a stupid question : why can we have redhead or blond Leia or Padme, but only black haired FEL ? Is it a kind of discrimination ?

Looking the formal items to have only one is needed, I've got the three items on the list.

Sorry to write it so long, and thank you to read me. Now it is time to work on it ! Some pics soon !
Ben Member of KJO - 2013-2014 Six Towers Jedi Temple Master ; Pilot Member of the RLSC - #7 in the Corellian Griffons Squadron ; Tuskin Member of the Wretched Hive ; rft Member of the RAID
rebelbird French Base Commanding Officer (2014-2018)
saber 2
aka Baron Waz - TI-16707 in the 501st

Last edited by Ste-Waz Sandoli (Stephane VOISEY) on Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Active Legion Member

Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first items I'd like to show you are "THE CHESTBOX" (by DroidWelder)

Here is the model I'd like to validate in formal with my FEL's costume

and "THE COMM-PAD" in a TIE pilot version from a german 501st prop maker, molded in 3D coulored resin

Ben Member of KJO - 2013-2014 Six Towers Jedi Temple Master ; Pilot Member of the RLSC - #7 in the Corellian Griffons Squadron ; Tuskin Member of the Wretched Hive ; rft Member of the RAID
saber 2
JEDICHRIST (DELONG.CHRISTOPHE)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Paris Support Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!
go, go, go.................
First Temple Master 2012 2013 of "Six Towers Jedi Temple"
member of Rebel Legion Knights of the Jedi Order detachment
member of Rebel Legion Starfighter Command Detachment
Active Legion Member

Paris Support Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last test Cool.
The next pictures will be with my goatee and my hair tinted in black Laughing It will be to submit the costume to a validation.

saber 2
TheWolffeBaron ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks Nice!

For your helmet, did you get a decal or a vinyl for the mohawk stripe or did you paint it?
Active Legion Member

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a decal.

My helmet v1 is broken, so I've bought another kit and built my v2 helmet. Paint it matte black, put on the stickers (the same than the v1) and apply a matte varnish.

here are the pics (click to enlarge) :

saber 2
rojo cinco (Ricardo Juntas)
Active Legion Member

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello from Spain.

I love your helmet!!I'm working in my Fel's suit right now. I only need the helmet. How did you made the decals? or you know how where i can get them?

Thanks
Active Legion Member

Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
I vectorized the scheme then order a vinyl sticker for the mohawk and the rebelbird.

Then I stick them on the helmet. And after apply a matte varnish on the helmet.
saber 2
rojo cinco (Ricardo Juntas)
Active Legion Member

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!

It's possible to get this vectorized file to order one in a local store for me?

Thanks a lot!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: