Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4658a852a41a71cee8660b25872e8291Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Poe Dameron - prison - wip - help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> EU/Legends
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mawee ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject: Poe Dameron - prison - wip - help Reply with quote

I am hoping I can do this and get approval to make it. Plus hope I have it in the right place.

I have the Poe Dameon flight all set and waiting for all the stuff to show up. I am modifying the NERF gun, but the gun won’t be with this costume cause it was taken away. Cause the HUTTS took it away. But I believe he has his holster and boots on the costume with leather jacket in LJ. [which I have a budget in WIP on that]

I figure the pants are easy. The jacket cause I figured it has to be a jacket. I was hoping to modify but I don’t have access to sewing machine, I was even was thinking buying two dickies shirts and modify by hand. Then I started to think it’s a jacket and that material might not work even with not using OTTER wax.. ( I have no experience but learning and researching and putting the ideas together)

So here are the pictures and I am trying to get the material I saw which look like it would work, and use otter wax. This is a learning thing for me and never did anything like this. This one project is very important for me, so I would love to have help. And I just love the challenge attempt to do it and get it done. Plus i like the black suit. lol

I want to try get this done soon if I can. Yes. Rush myself as I learn.

Material for jacket? Would like to try to use Otter wax to make it look betterr.

This is me,

Hair is like damp with gel. But if I dye it. I have a tech to darken the eye brows and thicken them and I know how to do five o clock shadow.

I will attemp to test cork one, basic you burn it, then cool use the burn part and apply it on the face to get the shade. Then I believe you use pencil to make the dots or use a sponge and dab... and then the tricky part is actually using small little tiny slithers for the hair to get the stubs, not sure I can pull that off. But I try it to test it.

I show you with this pic. [finding the pic]

RebelLady (Kristina Gundersen)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, the stubble technique is really neat!

With the fabric, are the pictures of the fabric what you are looking at for the outfit he is wearing in the images from the comic you posted?
Sunrider Base Charity Officer 2016-18
-------------------------------------------------------
Mon Mothma, OT X-Wing Pilot, Willrow Hood, Resistance Officer, General Leia Organa (Raddus Bridge)
Mawee ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
I am up to suggestion on the fabric for the jacket. I figure it’s a jacket cause if you look he has possible a black shirt under the jacket. I thought it was a jump suit at first but I see his belt has material over it
Mawee ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cover of comic
Mawee ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran with this idea of a chef jacket for the prison jacket here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> EU/Legends All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: