Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=27aea4ca990e04931713db740ad5b0acMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

TLJ Resistance X-Wing Pilots - Briefing Room (proposal)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> RLSC Standards Development -> RLSC New Standard Proposals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weathering isn't usually mentioned in the standards unless it's required (like for Baze Malbus and Bohdi Rook, for example) so I'd recommend leaving the mention of that out. Smile

And yeah, the leg flare holster color is tricky as it changes in different lighting. I have an accurate color (or one that's very close to the accurate color) and depending on the lighting it looks black or a darker silver-gray. The holster could probably be either black, medium-dark gray or a darker silver-gray. It definitely shouldn't be a light gray color, that's for sure. Razz

The holster color is as tricky as the arm/collar trim color. In some pictures it looks darker than the suit, in other pictures it looks lighter. I have some pictures from TLJ where the trim is lighter than the suit, but there are other pictures where it's darker. I'd recommend both being acceptable, that the trim color can be one or two shades lighter or darker than the suit.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-RLSC XO - RL Pilot Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jeneyre ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
Weathering isn't usually mentioned in the standards unless it's required (like for Baze Malbus and Bohdi Rook, for example) so I'd recommend leaving the mention of that out. Smile

And yeah, the leg flare holster color is tricky as it changes in different lighting. I have an accurate color (or one that's very close to the accurate color) and depending on the lighting it looks black or a darker silver-gray. The holster could probably be either black, medium-dark gray or a darker silver-gray. It definitely shouldn't be a light gray color, that's for sure. Razz

The holster color is as tricky as the arm/collar trim color. In some pictures it looks darker than the suit, in other pictures it looks lighter. I have some pictures from TLJ where the trim is lighter than the suit, but there are other pictures where it's darker. I'd recommend both being acceptable, that the trim color can be one or two shades lighter or darker than the suit.

I agree 100% about the arm collar trim being lighter in some images and darker in others. Color is so weird.... My Holdo looks completely different in every light. The trim on my husband's Poe flightsuit also looks different!

Now I want to check screen caps of Poe's leg flares. If it looks medium grey on screen , to match the medium grey in person, there's even more motivation to write the separate Poe tlj briefing room crl!

Instagram: @JenEyreCosplay
Twitter: @JenEyreCosplay
www.JenEyre.com
https://www.facebook.com/JenEyreCosplay/
Baris_Alrisul ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeneyre wrote:
Isn't this image from TFA? The hoses are tucked in the top of the chaps.

That photo is indeed from TFA. There are a few cases where we are supplementing the TLJ references with things from TFA, mostly where we can see something in action shots from TLJ and can verify that detail with higher res stills from TFA.

jeneyre wrote:
On the screen used TLJ Poe flight suit at NYCC 2017, his lower leg buckle sliders were more silver than gun metal, and his leg flare belt was much more of a medium gray that dark or black.

Yeah, there a surprising amount of variance on the colors on these, both between Poe and other pilots and between different generic pilots! The flare belt does consistently seem to be darker than the main belt and harness, even on Poe. That is why we have generally described it as black or very dark gray, since medium to charcoal gray is the color we have been using to describe those.

jeneyre wrote:
Is anyone starting a TFA briefing room Poe draft crl? Not sure if I missed it. I'm happy to work (or help work) on that since I already did a bunch of research on that when I was working on my husband's Poe.

No draft standard yet, but that was going to be one of my next steps after this standard goes through. We also did a ton of research on briefing room Poe when Alpha Base did our mass build of pilots, since we were making one for our local Poe. I figured I would wait until this standard has all the kinks worked out, and then make a modified version for Poe. If you are interested in helping with that, though, that would be awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> RLSC Standards Development -> RLSC New Standard Proposals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: