Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=971c9c839c81138c24d7334396a3e99cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ghost Base: 2018/7/1 Big Brothers Big Sisters Annual Picnic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizarro Amy (Amy Hill)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Ghost Base: 2018/7/1 Big Brothers Big Sisters Annual Picnic Reply with quote

Event Name: Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region 15th Annual Summer Picnic
Event Date: 07/01/2018
Event Times:
Arrival Time: 12:00 PM
Event Start Time: 12:30 PM
Event Stop Time: 3:30 PM
Event Address:
Franklin Square Park
200 N 6th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106

Attendees:
Amy Hill - POC
Erika Shore
Sam Lott

The Good:
The host was very glad to see us again this year. They provided us with lunch, plenty of drinks, and our own handler to accompany us around the park, help with photography, and make sure we weren’t overheated. The changing area was inside the air-conditioned “headquarters” for the day. The event also paid for our parking.
This is an event I will try to attend as often as possible. Despite the heat, I had a great time, especially playing tug of war, posing for photos, and riding the carousel. As an added bonus, the event also invited a costumed super hero group, so we got to hang out with them as well.
Furthermore, I am pleased to report that my record of getting lost every time I drive to Philadelphia remains unblemished Laughing However, this time I didn’t get *as* lost as I did last time.

The Bad:
It was hot. Very hot.
Not really “bad”, but I hope that next time we can get more people to attend. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I will offer to carpool with anyone who is interested next year.

The Ugly:
Did I mention that it was hot?
“I’m not saying it’s hot out, but I just saw Anakin crawl past.” (Erika)

Here are my photos from the event. Feel free to use them for social media: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7_D9 ... 3ZPZ3BJdlk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: