Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a4687fc23f0be136351b6ef2095cace5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ewok WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Other Aliens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaraJyn ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: ewok WIP Reply with quote

Hello. My name is Sarajane. I currently have an approved Jyn Erso costume. I am now working on an Ewok costume.
So far I have worked out a body-suit pattern, cut it out of fur and started sewing it together. I plan on making a 'sub-suit' out of light mesh fabric with boning/tubing to fill-out my Ewok. I need to go get the tubing, but I have the other materials for that. I plan on modifying some latex yoda gloves for the hands base. I will need to trim the claws and shorten the fingers, as they are quite huge on my small hands. I have some old latex 'hobbit' feet I am going to up-cycle into ewok feet. They are quite large so i can use three of the toes. I will fix them (one has a hole in it...), paint them, attach them to some other shoe base, and add fur.

my_ewok_face1 by Sarajane Huff, on Flickr

my_ewok_face2 by Sarajane Huff, on Flickr

Here is what I have for the mask. I have used a creepy baby doll mask as the base. I was a little worried it would be too flimsy, but with the foam glued on top if it, it seems fine. I have a friend also building an ewok; she made the eyes, nose, lips and teeth for me. I painted the mouth and nose. The fur is greyish tan, somewhere between these two photographs.

The fur isn't glued down yet. It is only pinned. I have eyelids, or rims or whatever they're called all the way around the eyeballs, but you can't see it because there is no where to pin the fur down on the inside of the eye. The fur ridges above the eyes are a bit thick because I haven't cut the fur there yet, only folded it under.

The asymetrical face patch is based on the one in the middle:

face_asym by Sarajane Huff, on Flickr

Is that ok?

Yub Nub.

~Sarajane
Caileen Tauren (Erin Blank)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good so far!

And networking through Chirpa's Ewok Army on Facebook is going to help you, too!
SaraJyn ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject: fingers and toes Reply with quote

Hello. We worked on fingers and toes yesterday. I wanted to get an opinion on the color though. So here's a picture.

earlyhands by Sarajane Huff, on Flickr

The paint is a bit darker than my ewok's lips. We haven't addressed the nails yet, but plan on painting them a greyish tone. Are these too dark? Is there any kind of guideline concerning skin tone? It is hard, of course, to get a good picture of SA fingers and toes. We are using a mix of liquid latex and acrylic paint to paint them. We trimmed the nails and filled in the holes, and shortened the fingers and I made my palms smaller. (the one in the middle is a good example. The original Yoda gloves were comically large on our little hands. How big was the person they expected to play Yoda, anyway? I digress.) My friend, also making an Ewok, cut away the back of the hand where the fur will be, and the 3rd set of hands with the still long fingers are for her feet. My feet are still in the Frankenstein-them-together phase, and have no paint. I can absolutely make the paint lighter, if needs be. We like the dark brown, but I just need to know that it is going to past muster.

Thanks!
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darker is fine, as long as it's not too far away in color. My guess is it's probably fine.
frogbat (Mark Johnson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: Ewok cosplay Reply with quote

Hello , I see that there is a minimum height requirement for being a wookie, but is there a Maximum height for being a wookie?, I am 5'10''.

Thanks
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No minimum height.
frogbat (Mark Johnson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry that should have been maximum height for being an Ewok Laughing

my mistake
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, I got your intent.

There are no height restrictions to Ewoks.
frogbat (Mark Johnson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers , thanks again Very Happy Awing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Other Aliens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: