Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ace3eee5a38a1e10a33ee6e5043f6c61Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

2018 Rebel (OT) X-Wing Pilot Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just Ducky (Jessie Lynch)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaosbria wrote:
They're not adjustable but I can redo the math/make it fit a 15" boot easily enough. Smile

Awesome! I just wasn't sure how the band actually sits on the boot, or how you're supposed to get it onto the leg. I saw someone mention adding clips to the back of it, in order to keep it from slipping or shifting - I might do that. Just let me know how much you want for it, and all that jazz Smile

And, I just got notice that my order of flares (belt and leg) and tools will be shipping today, so this is pretty darn awesome. And the over-kill order of webbing/strapping for the belt and ejection harness shipped out today, too. I ordered 30 feet of it, so I should be able to share that with those who might need some strapping to make their own harness or belt.

Also - Strapworks is out of the silver/gray 2" webbing that is needed for the ejection harnesses. I have my order in, but they may not have more in stock until mid March.
Jawa - Duk'ki
OT Rebel Pilot - Fable "Needles" Thek (Human), Kara'tau Daucus (Twi'lek)
Twi'lek Jedi Librarian - Phine'aduula Brolen

WIP: Battle Handmaid, Clone Pilot, Blue Squad Pilot, Snowspeeder Pilot
chaosbria (Bria LaVorgna)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jessie, yours is done and I've got it in my pile of stuff to pack for Awesome Con. Will bring it to the RL booth. Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaosbria wrote:
Jessie, yours is done and I've got it in my pile of stuff to pack for Awesome Con. Will bring it to the RL booth. Smile

Thank you so much for bringing this by! I'm probably going to get a chance to try it on with my boots tonight Smile Now that AwesomeCon is in the books, I'll be focusing on my Pilot kit Very Happy
Jawa - Duk'ki

treblemaker (Carly Kennedy)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still delighted that we had SO MANY pilots at AwesomeCon this year! Here's to SO MANY MORE for next year!!

Be sure to keep your progress up-to-date on the tracker spreadsheet! If you're working on your build and don't know what I'm talking about, please contact me! I've granted access and have been sending emails to everyone whose address I've received. I know not everyone who has expressed interest in joining our group build has started a row for themselves on the completion tracker so I can't tell how you're doing unless you let us know!

For those using the spreadsheet we're currently at:
Ordered Flightsuit: 82%
Ordered Flak Vest: 73%

Please let me know if you're having trouble with anything and/or if there's anything we can do to help!

Remember to have your boots ordered by the end of the month if you haven't already, we are already tracking well on that one:
Boots ordered: 91%

Belt/Ejection Harness isn't the focus until next month, but it's never too early to start thinking about them! Let's go ahead and start planning the group order on the belt buckle. Please fill out this form to let me know if you want to participate in the order and how many of the buckles you want to order. The buckles are £1.80 each. I won't know exacts on the shipping price until the order is placed, but it shouldn't be bad split between everyone!

Bria has said that if everyone can make it to a NoVA armor party we can take waist measurements on-site and start rolling the belts out once the buckles are in!
So:
  • belt buckles
  • please discuss who wants to split the cost on a webbing order
  • be looking toward making a trip up here if you aren't local to join in on an armor party for on-site measurements!

As always, please don't hesitate if you have any questions!

Starfighter Command Instagram
Starfighter Command Public Facebook
Starfighter Command Members Facebook
Expload (Jon Pike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any recommendations on code cylinders and maybe flares? I made wooden dowel flares (leg and belt) but wouldn't mind upgrading them.
Jsilvius ()

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Late to the Party Reply with quote

Sorry I'm late to the party.
I'm just joining RL after meeting Colleen J at RavenCon and I'd love to get in on the Pilot build.
Thanks
James
Red Squadron Trainee
treblemaker (Carly Kennedy)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Late to the Party Reply with quote

Expload wrote:
Anyone have any recommendations on code cylinders and maybe flares? I made wooden dowel flares (leg and belt) but wouldn't mind upgrading them.

I know some of our fine 3D printer folks have patterns to print the flares and code cylinders if you're wanting to upgrade without going metal. If you want to go for the metal tools, mine are from elvistrooper and they're fantastic.

Jsilvius wrote:
Sorry I'm late to the party.
I'm just joining RL after meeting Colleen J at RavenCon and I'd love to get in on the Pilot build.
Thanks
James
Red Squadron Trainee

Hello and welcome aboard! Just take whatever pace you need to and let us know if you have any questions, we're all here to help each other out. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll give you access to the google docs we're using to help track progress and such!

Starfighter Command Instagram
Starfighter Command Public Facebook
Starfighter Command Members Facebook
crashmann (Charlie Mann)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an endorsement for the boot flare hold from Bria. I used 3/4" wooden dowels cut to 4" length, then sanded smooth and covered with high build primer, silver paint, and gloss coat.

And in action:

I'll be in touch to get all strapped up with the ejection harness.

Thanks Bria!

Charlie
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a new form for the belt buckles? I think I signed up on the last announcement but I can't remember now.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say thank you for organizing this build group - it made me get off my bum and finish this dream costume.

I'm approved - but still more than willing to answer questions, offer help, or guidance - especially for those who are considering making their own flight suits/ejection harnesses.

Cheers!
Jawa - Duk'ki

Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! It looks great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: