Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b61c7c34753f7294c76a83942e77e120Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Belgian Generic Resistance Pilot Project ... W.I.P.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Belgian Generic Resistance Pilot Project ... W.I.P. Reply with quote

The last 2 weeks, after ending my winter project 2017/2018.
I put the jelly-fish between me 2 ears at work.

And suddenly: tjing tjing tjing tjing

(Winter project 2017/2018, third upgrade of the vitrine cupboard)

Poe Dameron figure ... why not a modern Rebel euh Resistance Pilot.

- - - - -

I will not rush this, upcoming time do research where i can find what i need.

And, i will have ask for help ... because lot of this stuff is PayPal payments. I can't have an PayPal account, i tested a while ago. The moment i wanted to pay with PayPal, they asked to link my PayPal with a Visa/Mastercard, pre-paid Mastercard is not allowed.

Do my situation ... risk case + low income, i am not allowed to have a Visa or Mastercard. So i will need help for collecting stuff.

I will look around if i can find stuff in Europe, so i can pay IBAN. Then, i don't have to bother any one.

Also, wish i could make a group project of it, i am not allowed to do this of the mutualities, they see this as a form of black work. But, i am allowed to join a group project.

+ also find suppliers, that are willing ship to Belgium.

But, i will not rush this project. It depends on costs, and how fast i can find parts.

- - - - -

IF OTHER BELGIANS WANT TO JOIN, AND WANTS TO MAKE A GROUP PROJECT OF IT. INFORM ME, SO WE CAN TALK / ORGANISE.

You can reach my PM, E-Mail and Skype.

- - - - -

But first the research ...

A. Chest Box + Hoose.
B. Glie-44 + Holster (option).
C. Glooves.
D. Leg Straps.
E. Shoes / Boots.
F. Flight Vest.
G. Dark Orange Flightsuit
H. Helmet (option)
I. Ejection Harnass
J. Signal Flares + Bandolier

... lucky me, some Jek Porkins shape to in the new era.
Oh to all the ladies, there exist also many lady characters.
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B. Glie-44 + Holster (option).

... this is not a must have, it's an option.

But, if you want one you can find/order them here:
https://www.bol.com/nl/p/nerf-star-wars-the-last-jedi-poe-dameron-blaster/9200000080041309/

It's a nerf blaster, scale 1/1 and after a paint job good for approval.
Topic about this blaster ... http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=91517

Remind it's an option.

If you can find this blaster cheaper, please share it with us.
So if others wants one, they can find one ...

- - - - -

Order: Monday 14 May 2018

Holster, i found an close accurate one on Etsy ...

... it was the last one, but maybe they will made do a new run in the future. For those who are handy, wants one, can use the one i order as template.

The Etsy shop (Florida, U.S.A.): https://www.etsy.com/nl/shop/DarmansProps?ref=l2-shop-info-name

Last edited by xSchmitterSx () on Mon May 14, 2018 8:50 am; edited 2 times in total
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H. Helmet (option).

... i went yesterday to Lille (France), when i'm in Lille i do always a tour of the geek shops.

I found this Hasbro Poe Dameron helmet scale 1/1, at Sing ... a shop in Euralille shopping center for 99 euro. They still have them in stock.

I will strip/repaint it ... i found on Rebel Legion a topic about this: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88085

- - - - -

For those that fear if it will fit ... don,t worry. I have a fat/bid/funko bobble head and it fits. With this helmet also some kind of inner helmet for smaller heads.

- - - - -

For those who find them else where cheaper, please share, so if others wants to join this project they can find it cheaper.

- - - - -

Colors, after sanding it will need colors ... i'm thinking of to do a tribute to a real Rebelscum lady, Carrie Fisher aka my boss, my general, my one and only CO, my princess "Leia Organa Solo Skywalker".

Last edited by xSchmitterSx () on Sun May 13, 2018 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E. Shoes / Boots.

... for cosplay or real life, always an issue for me, to find shoes or boots that fit. Why do actors have always baby feets.

.. order this, this after noon. They aren't 100% accurate, due lack of good examples of the original shoes, These are the best, and comes closest to the originals.

I just will have to adjust them a bit. Cut the calf, and paint that whit thing.

I found them on E-Bay ...
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/HKM-Thermo-mucker-boots-ideal-for-Riding-Dog-walking-or-just-out-and-about/191401340705?hash=item2c9068af21:m:mBLYbFNT9wlVwca8rjClTwg&autorefresh=true

This brand shop has them also ...
https://www.gsequestrian.com/products/hkm-thermo-mucker-boots
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want / Have / To Do List ...

A1. Chest Box. < in order.
A2. Hoose.

B1. Glie-44 (option). < have + w.i.p.
B2. Holster (option). < in order.

C. Gloves. < in order.

D. Leg Straps.

E. Shoes/Boots. < in order.

F1. Flight Vest.
F2. Chest Plate.
F3. Pouch.

G. Dark Orange Flightsuit.

H. Helmet (option). < have.

I. Ejection Harnass.

J1. Signal Flares. < in order.
J2. Bandolier.

Last edited by xSchmitterSx () on Wed May 16, 2018 5:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J. Signal Flares + Bandolier.

... found these 3d printed flares on Etsy. They will need of course a layer of paint.

The Etsy shop (Austria): https://www.etsy.com/nl/shop/3DPRINTINGFORGE?ref=l2-shop-info-name

- - - - -

About the bandolier, if i don't find the correct fabric in Belgium, i will searh the internet for it.

I am looking for "black / very dark-grey webbing"
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C. Gloves.

... a friend found these for me on E-Bay, and has order them for me.
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A. Chest Box + Hoose.

Order: Tuesday 15 May 2018

A friend of Collectors Group 8000, found this shop on Etsy (UK), that make 3D Chestbox kits: https://www.etsy.com/nl/listing/272789964/star-wars-geinspireerde-tfa-tlj?ref=shop_home_active_1

Once recieved, put together, painting, and put lights in it.

- - - - -

Still wanted this (or a look-a-like):

xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K. Extra ...

This is not needed ... ... just an small detail, under the Flight Vest, some pilots wear a Rank Badge. This is just extra, it's not even an option.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Resistance_rank_badge

Order also this ... ... just as extra, nothing to do with this costume or whatever.

Found on Etsy (California, U.S.A.) : https://www.etsy.com/nl/shop/interstait?ref=l2-shopheader-name
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... first parts in order, the next items like Ejection Harnass part, Flightsuit + Flight Vest, is for the up coming months.
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B1. Glie-44

Today (Wed. 16 May 2018), went to Roeselare (Belgium) to pick up the Nerf Glie-44 Blaster that i had order.

... i could not wait, and started to remove, logo's, texts. Sanded the seams ... and prepared for the next steps.

- - - - -

Today Fri. 18 May 2018, i went shopping for epoxy stick, epoxy primer and paint.

- Epoxy Stick (Bison) the professional version. The reason i use this stick, the sand is softer, it knead better and no clumps, like in the commercial version. Bought this at Demashop, Roeselare (Belgium).

Why not Pattex Epoxy, my opinion, it's crap. My personal favorite is from the brand Magnum, but i can't find it anymore.

- Epoxy Primer, this is something new from Motip. I got last year a few samples of this product. I love/like it ... a lot. It fits for all kinds of plastics, even PE plastic.
- Black Bumberspray, mat (Motip).
- Autolack, some kind Champagne/Grey (Motip)
... bought at Mateco, Roeselare (Belgium).

- - - --

Last night (Fri. 18 May 2018), sanded the Glie-44, and made it ready to paint.

... i have taped the two very small led stripes

- - - - -

Last edited by xSchmitterSx () on Sat May 19, 2018 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
xSchmitterSx ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H. Helmet (option).

Last evening (Thu. 17 May 2018) started to strip the helmet ...

And prepared for sanding ...

- - - - -

Today (Fri. 18 May 2018), after i did the household tasks i started with sanding of the helmet ...

- - - - -

Today (Sat. 19 May 2018) ... sanded the last bits, and made some adjusments to the right cheek piece. So it looks more accurate, is it perfect, don't know, but it looks a lot better.

That grey thing, i don't know what the correct term for that part, for those who knows it, please tell me. About that grey, from the movie pictures, i see that this thing sticks out of the helmet.

So i cut and sanded, made a plate for mounting inside the helmet, and glue everything.

... and it sticks out.

To glue, i always use this ...

... because this helmet is made with PE plastic, and not all glues will work, i always put some glue primer on, and use this Epoxy glue of Axson A135, these two products i bought at K.N.S. (Roeselare, Belgium). I use these products since my first (2008) prop builds.

... after put the right shell back, i cleaned, and prepared for paint.

I'm still struggle with the colors, and decalls.

- - - - -

Weird weather today (Sun 21 May 2018), i put everything outside for painting, but Thor visited me, so i moved everything back inside, it cleared in the late afternoon, and up coming days no nice weather, so i have to wait until the gods offers nice weather to paint.

But, i didn't do nothing ... coloring the helmet + what decals to make.

... i think to use a mix of these colors: Red, Orange, Gold, Black, Grey, White. But, i am not 100% sure about it...

The reason i struggle about the colors, if they will fit with the decals.

The Rebel crests should be orange, as orange Rebel crests is the color of the Resistance, red Rebel crest was of the Alliance). But then, as extra, will i use the crest of The House Of Alderaan, as a tribute to a true Rebelscum Carrie Fisher, my one and only CO, my general, my princess. Or that Porg.

- - - - -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: