Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=22b3d8b8a98b012b0f6cb5895e4b602bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padme Pilot costume help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alerya33 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject: Padme Pilot costume help! Reply with quote

I want to do the pilot costume Padme wears and know I make most of it easily, but I need help with the vest and vambraces. Does anyone know of any patterns I could use a baseline for them?I

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The Force doesn't work like that!
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been eyeing this costume as well. I believe Jen Markham is approved with it. I'll ask her if she any advice for you on this. Good luck on the build!

In progress/planning: Qi Ra, Marvel Comics Leia, Endor Leia, Tatooine Poncho Padme & Flame Handmaiden Padme
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Yumi ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello girls,

If anyone is interested, I know someone who does make the brassards -> MP please.
jen0farc ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Alerya33!

Sorry for the delay, the vambraces are a fairly simple shape if I remember right, I believe you could just follow a pattern like this:

http://www.thefoamcave.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Gauntlet-Base-Template.pdf

And make sure you do the two curves near the hands. I couldn't tell for sure on the display costume if the gauntlets separate between the parallel raised ridges. I built mine to come apart there but I'm also able to slip my hand in them without separating them.

For the vest I know there has been some debate on the color but the costume is on display with the traveling exhibit and it is definitely a dark green. If you're not comfortable working with leather, I used a light faux leather which was easier to work with than say the marine weight they sell at Joanns. It is lined so you'll be wearing four layers of vinyl so I definitely recommend getting the lightest stuff you can get. The beveled detail I created by edge stitching 2 different sizes of cording which I had glued in place on the underside. The display costume definitely closes with velcro at the shoulder, I could see a bit of it peeking out when I visited the exhibit. You could also have it close at the hip since the belt and pouches could hide it. (I did that too!) Hope that helps? Let me know where you get stuck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: