Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=48fa90d0f9e08419d361d9339db3fcc9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WIP - Obi Wan Kenobi ROTS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pbryant23x (Patrick Bryant)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: WIP - Obi Wan Kenobi ROTS Reply with quote

Last night my wife finished working on the inner tunic, outer tunic, obi and tabards. The fabric is papyrus crinkly cotton from Joanne's, which my wife now hates Smile. It was late and parts aren't sitting right but we snapped a few photos and I figured I'd start my WIP thread.

I am still waiting on the belt but wanted to see the costume together so I used my generic Jedi belt.

Thanks,
Patrick
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that looks really good. Cool

when working with the thin cotton crepe stuff, I find it's helpful to fuse the seams first with heat-n-bond tape along the edge of the seam allowance (1/4inch) and then stitch with the machine over top. this holds the thin fabric together as it goes through the machine. (cheat). otherwise the thin crepe fabric is hard to work with.
http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aamm_prd/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-joann-product-catalog/default/dw5c378553/images/hi-res/10/1069780.jpg

looking at your tunic, I would suggest trimming off the sides of the front panels, so they are cut straight vertical below the waist. this eliminates the visible triangle flap of tunic sticking out below the waist between the tabbard and your right arm.
so basically, under the tabbards, it would look like this: (first frame):

(note: the band of collar-trim stops at the waist, and the tunic is cut straight vertical from the waist to the bottom hem -- this way, the entire edge of the tunic-closure is hidden by the tabbard below the waist).

either way, nice job so far Cool your wife should be proud
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned something similar to this when she was making it but she didnt want to stray too far from the pattern because the material was giving her such a hard time, this was only her 3rd Jedi costume and first with this material.

I think she did a great job too, especially putting up with how picky I have been throughout he entire process Laughing
Graphic Jordan (Jordan Chapman)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good! Great material choice!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: