Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ab3ef52551f68442049b23c7c28ced99Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hi Ra Kura!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Ra Kura Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wayfarer1 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Hi Ra Kura! Reply with quote

Hey everyone! Iím a Florida native thinking of joining the Rebel Legion. I live in Bradenton now but Iíve bounced all around and expect to keep doing so. Iíve always loved Star Wars and liked costuming for medieval fairs, but until now Iíve not tried combining the two.
Iím currently putting together a variation of a generic Jedi costume, so far have an overtunic, tabards, obi, pants, prop hilt, and a few food capsules. Also working on an inner tunic, more accurate belt, pouches, more capsules, and finding some better boots. Iím definitely a beginner with the sewing machine, but Iíve had a lot of help from the forum tutorials.
Never having been part of a costumer group, even with the guidelines on the website Iím still a little fuzzy on where the line is. Itís hard to tell in the picture, but the tabards and obi are a dark blue with a subtle knot design to give it some texture. I know itís not a typical color/pattern for most Jedi, but I wondered if it might pass muster. Also made the tabards ends less than squared, which I guess is a little out of the ordinary. Iíd certainly appreciate any constructive criticism from Ra Kura folks! You guys do a lot of great work, hopefully one day Iíll be able to join!
Pics on: https://imgur.com/a/6OcXY
Asil Kaiju ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I would submit it and see what they say. I think it looks great. But I am far from an expert! if it is not 100% it is really close!
DragonTrooper (Ben Faircloth)
Ra Kura Base XO
Ra Kura Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Ra Kura!

I would get with the Membership Officer (Sam "OuterRimScavenger") to work with you on getting through the approval process Smile

Alternatively, you can probably get in touch with the Stormfront Temple Detachment (Ian ďJace DarkriderĒ). This is the Jedi detachment.

I hope this helps.

[Ra Kura Base XO]
Moonsault (David Rosen)
Ra Kura Base CO
Ra Kura Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome!

Definitely find and join the Ra Kura Recruits Facebook page! That is VERY useful to prospective members and people looking to join and working on costumes!

There is also lots of reference here on the boards, and people happy to help! Smile
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We love our Jedi, we would love having you. Best of luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Ra Kura Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: