Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0fa8248b257fba57f7f198d229ee0bcfMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Mos Espa Base Midterm Newsletter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Espa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwstarfan ()
Mos Espa Base CO
Mos Espa Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Mos Espa Base Midterm Newsletter Reply with quote

Hello Mos Espa Base.
It has been 6 months and I would like to update you on current events. In this newsletter, I will be covering the following:
1) Update on the Massiff Squadron logo
2) Site hosting bill
3) Outreach to the Mandalorian Mercs.
4) Reminder of the Mos Espa Base and Bloodfin Garrison Meeting.

1) Massiff Squadron Logo. I had been approached about a logo change for the Base’s Squadron to reflect the addition of several different Starfighter Pilots and expanding squadron membership. I have been asked to allow submissions through the end of April. So if you are still working on an idea, you have a little added time to finalize your masterpiece. We have received a few different designs and will be having a survey for Squadron Members to vote on their preferred option. Once a design has been chosen, we will have it cleaned up to comply with Rebel Legion Starfighter Detachment requirements and allow easy use in any desired merchandising. The survey should be posted in early May.

2) It is that time of year again where the forums site hosting bill comes due. We all love having forums to socialize and schedule events. The updated site gives our groups a great professional appearance. In order to continue to use this great tool we need donations to keep it active. If you feel like donating, please send paypal to: starwarsindiana@gmail.com. Please note “Site Hosting” in the notes section.

3) At the end of September 2017, I attended Cincinnati Comic Expo. I was able to spend time with members of Apollo Base, Ohio Garrison, and Mandalorian Merc Rancor Clan. These 3 organizations work really well together in order to provide a great experience for the general public. I was inspired by the fellowship I witnessed in Ohio. I recently reached out to Taakure Clan leader, Brian Basiaga, with the idea of building a Death Star Detention Center Prop to be used as a “Jail and Bail” for local conventions. This prop would expand the already great selection of large props used by Mos Espa and Bloodfin Garrison and help to include our Star Wars loving Mandalorian Mercs to feel more a part of the “team” all while assisting with our charitable goals. The Mercs have found storage for the prop and are willing to transport it to and from event/s. I would really like to have the prop completed in time for Indy PopCon, but time and money may limit our ability to attain this goal. Still, I would like to at the very least start this project even if we only have a fascia completed for PopCon 2018 and can work on adding to the prop as time and money become available. If anyone would like to contribute a financial donation for this project you can send paypal to: vwstarfan@yahoo.com. Please note “Detention Center” in the notes section.

4) In response to membership input, we have changed the location of the upcoming Base/Garrison Meeting to Buffalo Wild Wings at (US 37 and 141st street) 13977 Trade Center Dr, Fishers, IN 46037. Please plan to attend our first meeting at this venue. Along with the standard meeting agenda we will have a select number of members whom will be receiving some special honors for their service. You do not want to miss the meeting! We will see you there next month, Saturday May 12th at 11:30 AM.

Remember to fly casual and may the force be with you…always…

Ian Johns
Mos Espa Base Commanding Officer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Espa Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: