Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=25e49cf5180c99fb9a470d54891c20fdMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ahsoka Winter Coat Complete and Approved!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AhsokaFreakingTano (Kelly Hawthorne)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kayleesi wrote:
Oh my god that came out gorgeous...amazing job.

Dawww thank you so much! Honestly, I may finish it up today but I'm not submitting until next weekend since I already have a troop that day.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:02 am    Post subject: Finishing it off! Reply with quote

After adding some more fur tufts to the side seams and hand sewing down all that fur, I sewed up the center front seam, I left it open about 2in below the belt so I'd have room to put the zipper in a little easier.
Someone is going to say I put this on backward, and you'd be right if this was a normal zipper where the teeth were visible from the right side, however, this weird zipper I found at my school is backward basically.

Front

Back

I pinned the zipper on with the bulk of the zipper facing the body of the coat this is so that when you turn it, it'll turn under.

The idea is to hide the zipper while not making it an actually hidden zipper.
I stitched right up next to the edge of the zipper teeth on one side, separated the zipper (since it is a separating zipper I just happened to use it for this) pinned the other side, in the same way, sewed it down and then I did something a teacher of mine calls "topstitching from the back"
From the underside of the zipper I folded the body fabric over so that I could just see it coming past the edge of the fabric and sewed it down like so:

That way from the front side:

You only see one line of stitching per side, which is fine, the references show a lot of detailing. I then sewed up the rest of the front seam and guess what?! The sewing is done.
Now here's a good step:
Style the fur. Yup.

Get some hairspray, I prefer another brand for super strong hold but I'm currently out so this will work. And go spray all the fur. Yup spray the base fur, and then press the tufts into it while it's still wet using your fingers to poke it into the base fur, spray the tufts and do the same thing. This is really important on the sleeves.

But man look how good that looks.
And here it is... All done! Note: this dress form is a bit smaller than I am so that will explain some weird fitting issues, Also, there's a ball of fabric where a head should be.

Front.

Sides

Back
I have a troop this Saturday and I'll be submitting then!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:09 am    Post subject: Submitted Reply with quote

Hood down, let's spin around!

(that things off just cause of how I put it on woops)

Hood up (I couldn't think of a rhyme):

Rogue Base Merchandising Officer 2017-present
Rogue Base PR Officer 2017-present
AhsokaFreakingTano
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: APPROVED! Reply with quote

Rogue Base Merchandising Officer 2017-present
Rogue Base PR Officer 2017-present
AhsokaFreakingTano
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: