Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9a1eac3eb6e66c318dcffb539f084acbMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Poe Dameron Requirements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crusader ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject: Poe Dameron Requirements Reply with quote

Hello,

I've seen a required items list for the generic pilot in the link below. But is there nothing for Poe Dameron yet? How would I go about making sure my costume is up to the required standards before submitting?
Philonius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poe's suit & gear are all standard Resistance X-wing, nothing is unique about it per se. The only think I can think of is Poe's newer drop-down holster design (rides lower on the leg, with a thigh strap) for TLJ, but I'm not entirely sure that all pilots went to that too. But there isn't a CRL for TLJ pilots or anything yet technically, so there's that.
Massiff Squadron CO

"The value of moving slowly is that one can always clearly see the way ahead."
tereshkova2001 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Alpha Base's Poe, we copied the screen-accurate weathering on his vest starbird and spent a lot of time making sure that his suit fit the way Oscar's does. (We stared at Poe's butt. A lot. For research.) He also has Poe's hairstyle normally and he dyes it from distinguished grey to brown/black. Poe's helmet design is established and you'd want to make sure yours matches that. I expect that the helmet would be optional even for Poe.

Other than that, and the BB-8 prop he usually carries, he'd blend in with the rest of us pilots.
Yub-Yub ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea that was a sore spot with me. I applied as Poe and they wouldn't approve it because I didn't have the back chaps. At the time the back chaps were not mentioned in the Standards (dont even know if they updated that part yet) and Poe doesnt even have his own Standard so I was a little peeved at the way I was treated. They weren't going to approve me but said its generic or nothing which is odd being a generic pilot with the Poe helmet. I got the chaps added later but I've been so jaded I really didn't see the point in updating.

Last edited by Yub-Yub () on Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Yub-Yub ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should also be noted that there some minor but noticeable differences between TFA Poe and TLJ Poe including hose and hose connector placement and holster strap. So really there should be a Poe TFA standard and a Poe TLJ Standard at this point.
Batvader26 (Victor M. Meza II)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am got approved as Poe specifically for my pilot. The key things that set Poe apart from other pilots are:
1. You have to have the little pouch on the side of the vest
2. The chest box hose needs to go into the chap and not the pocket.
3. The boots should match the style that Poe wears on screen and not the boots that Snap and other pilots wear,
4. The suit should be weathered closely to what appears on screen.
5. The helmet should match his from the film.

Other than those things there are little details that you can add if you want to make it extra Poe haha. Like wear the wedding ring around your neck that he has been shown to wear in the visual dictionary. wear the correct color undershirt (as seen in TLJ) Wear the proper rank badge on the flight suit.

Hope this helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: