Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fa40d202f9b8a5ba8f92f281ee2dae35Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Costume Standard Draft: Partisan Biker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> DB94 Standards Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coryphefish (Corellon J)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Costume Standard Draft: Partisan Biker Reply with quote

I promised on a Kit Finders group thread that I'd make a costume standard draft as soon as someone started a build thread, and someone showed me a build thread in RAID, so here we are.

Helmet
Literally the same sculpt as an Imperial Scout Trooper

Bandoliers

Jacket

Pants

Boots

2018/19: Commanding Officer, Docking Bay 94 Detachment
2017/18: DXO DB94, BMO Freedom Base

"Translation: Two percent probability that the organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted.
That may be wishful thinking on my part, master."
~HK-47
Jerrick Sunrunner (Mark Mulcaster)
Elstree Base CO
Elstree Base CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There’s been a member of Elstree who submitted but due to their not being enough ref references of one of the sides of the character the LCJ denied the costume.
I’ll let him know as he may want to offer input
OT X-Wing Pilot Judge
coryphefish (Corellon J)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerrick Sunrunner wrote:
There’s been a member of Elstree who submitted but due to their not being enough ref references of one of the sides of the character the LCJ denied the costume.
I’ll let him know as he may want to offer input

That would be fantastic, thank you! The LMO reached out to me yesterday with some of that too. Bottom line is she said once we get a "good front shot" then members can start getting approved.

I have a resource page and Google Drive photo album set up on the website. I'll be collecting all the images soon. Anyone who wants to help with refetence images, PM me your email.

2018/19: Commanding Officer, Docking Bay 94 Detachment
2017/18: DXO DB94, BMO Freedom Base

"Translation: Two percent probability that the organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted.
That may be wishful thinking on my part, master."
~HK-47
Phil1880 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Wip over on the RAID section last year....I did submit it but it was refused due to lack of good reference images....I will follow this with interest as it's packed away on hold at the moment. If I can help in any way with progress I will .
Phil1880 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helmet- biker scout in a very dark green, most likely to be a paint by Montana gold - possible dark manilla. these were use alot in the costumes on rogue one and all shore trooper paints. Partisan logo to side of helmet.

Black scarf. Poss middle eastern style In plain black .

Green combat jacket with green shoulder bell to right upper arm with logo.

Leather bandoliers based on British 1903 cavalry style..meet middle of chest with greblie.leather belt with 4 leather pouches. Bandoliers cross on back at join belt. Belt joint below front greblie.

PLCE roll pin belt with greblies based on air hose connector’s
Two shore trooper style canisters on plce belt in Sahara beige.

Black canvas kama as per shore troopers.

Green combat trousers.

Black gloves. Gauntlet style like rebel pilots inc com pad.

Black boots no laces.

Blaster-rogue one dh17 like Bistan. On a long sling.
Phil1880 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil1880 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more lower quality but gives some detail.

Phil1880 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am aware that there has recently been a cleared costume of this character , has it been agreed that there is a standard now for this costume. I still want to try to clear my costume, but there has been no update on here 're progress towards an agreed standard.
ladysolo14 ()
Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil1880 wrote:
I am aware that there has recently been a cleared costume of this character , has it been agreed that there is a standard now for this costume. I still want to try to clear my costume, but there has been no update on here 're progress towards an agreed standard.

The LMO team several weeks ago did approve this costume. We realize we are not going to get any better reference images and there are several people wanting to do this costume. The applicant worked with Dawn(Kylo Ren), one of the assistant LMOs to make a draft standard to use for judging due to the lack of quality reference so we can have some uniformity in judging. I'll post that draft standard in a separate reply.
ladysolo14 ()

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan Rogue One Trooper

1. Shirt
*BDU-style shirt in olive drab. No visible buttons.
*Shirt is worn tucked inside the trousers.
Optional:
(1) 'epaulette' strips running the length of the arms and across the upper back around the shoulders
(2) minor epaulettes near the front shoulders
(3) metallic dangly greeblie on left arm 'epaullete' strip; and
(4) dangly fabric loops that show from under the leather bandolier.

2. Trousers:
*BDU-style pants in chocolate brown with cargo pocket on each outer thigh. Should be somewhat loose-fitting or slightly ‘baggy’. Pant legs are worn inside the boots, properly bloused.

3. Helmet:
*Scout Trooper helmet, dark olive drab color, lightly weathered.
*Saw Gerrera partisan emblem, 6cm x 6cm painted in mustard yellow on left cheek.

4. Bandolier:
*Leather bandolier of similar type/design as seen on screen across the chest/waist.

Optional:
*Bandolier to match combination of number of pouches as seen on screen (i.e., three roughly triangular, ‘Tusken-style’ chest pouches on each side, two rectangular waist pouch on each side).

5. Belt:
*The belt is an olive drab British PLCE belt (replicas are acceptable with accurate details) and is worn inside out, and has a silver or brass roll-pin buckle in the front center.
*The belt has olive drab 1” (inch)/2.5 cm webbing loops sewn on left and right sides divided into five loops on each side. The loops contain ten belt ammo ampules (five on each side) that are brass air line hose connector fittings or replicas of similar shape and detail; they should not be taller than the width of the belt.

6. Gloves:
*Black gauntlet gloves in a heavy fabric, suede, or suede-like material, styled to match on screen appearance as closely as possible (e.g., the gauntlet has five to six lines of pleated stitching going all the way around, and the glove has four wider pleats on the top of the hand with the first three pleats that are closest to the fingers being the same size but smaller than the lower pleat, which is wider, there is a small Velcro strap on the inside top of the wrist behind the thumb).

7. Glove commpad:
* small commpad, similar to the Hoth Rebel trooper’s, consists of a silver thin rectangular base with teeth on the upper edge, a triangular slope and a red-orange screen in the center of the slope.
*The commpad is attached to the gauntlet of the left glove and is positioned with the teeth facing to the wearer’s rear when arms are relaxed position.

8. Boots:
Chelsea-style boots in brown leather. No visible laces.

9. Anklet-style cuff:
*An anklet style cuff. The cuff should have the same color as the boots.

Optional: the right cuff may have two silver colors cylinders. The cylinders can be made of metal, wood or plastic.

10. Kama
*Made from a black nylon or canvas like material that appears weathered and worn. Kama is split up the center. The rear of the Kama extends at the rear to behind the lower area of the wearer’s knee.
*Worn around the waist under the belt. A large black grommet is placed at the bottom front outside corners.

Optional (4 minimum of the below are required for approval)
1. Scarf:. Dark brown sniper scarf. Wrapped twice around neck so that no skin or under clothing is visible. Loose ends of scarf tucked/rolled under so as not to be visible. Optional: two lighter brown fabric strips dangling from center of scarf.

2. Shoulder bell of shape similar type/design as seen on screen worn on right shoulder. Dark olive drab similar to helmet color with mustard yellow horizontal strip across top half.

3. Two vertical thermal detonator canisters. Fixed to the center and left side of the belt. Webbing the similar color as the belt, wraps around the canister. Recessed on top and bottom sections. Top recess features a greeblie detail painted silver.

4. DH-17 blaster or DH-17 blaster variant of similar type/design as seen on screen.

5. Communications/body camera greeblie of similar type/design as seen on screen. Worn on front mid torso area between bandolier belt and shoulder straps.

6. Silver rod, approximately 0.63 cm in diameter and 20 cm long, protruding from left side of belt, with end details of similar shape and detail as seen on screen.
Phil1880 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic....I'll get onto the modifications to what I have so far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> DB94 Standards Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: