Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7593a912d50ab6d35be47d07f4f40957Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Blue Squadron Pilot Com pads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rogue One U-Wing / X-Wing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sair (Sarah Steele)
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:26 am    Post subject: Blue Squadron Pilot Com pads Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a lead on finding someone producing these or who has a 3D file? They are different than the standard X Wing ones.

I did check with Doug C, but the person he bought his off has closed their Etsy store.

Any help would be appreciated. We have a group project for EIGHT (yes eight!) BS pilots and are getting close to having all the parts sourced/sorted.

Thanks, Sair

Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be taking a crack at making a 3D model of the commpad pretty soon, I think. And perhaps the belt flares, too. Any references people have would be helpful. Smile

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sair (Sarah Steele)
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, that would be great if you are will to have a go.

I actually discovered in my research that the belt flare parts are actually air compressor attachments. Specifically a Draper 3/8" Bore PCL Air Line Coupling Adaptor / Tailpiece.

You can get 5 packs of them fairly cheaply online. Still worth modeling for those who'd prefer to print them, but you can get your hands on some really easily to make accurate measurements.

Thanks again for responding! Keep up posted on your efforts.

Cheers, Sair

Brykoe (Bryan Koerner)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought some belt flares of etsy user cospl88. they were very rough and unfinished and sanding and filing ruined the details on one. I see she has them $5 cheaper after I bought them. Also got some Airline filters for the UK on Ebay. I like those better, but only bought 5. Looking to make molds of them for more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rogue One U-Wing / X-Wing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: