Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8964f3eb692e8f9d056cb4fa2eca3cadMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[Standard Revision] Generic Jedi General

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standards Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you approve this standard revision
Yes
84%
 84%  [ 16 ]
No
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Users Voted : 19
Total Votes : 19
This poll has expired.
Detailed Results

Leroni (Leroni)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: [Standard Revision] Generic Jedi General Reply with quote

Hello Smile

The first step of the process is complete. Now the votes are coming. For 5 days, this thread will open so that KJO members can vote.

Discussion Thread of the First Step:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88457

Generic Jedi General:
I. Soft Parts
OUTER TUNIC (OT):
• a. Sleeved.
- Tight: reach under the forearms armour / gauntlets (no long arm inner tunic needed).
- Wide: end above the ellbow (long arm inner tunic needed)
• b. OTs may be sleeveless as long as an Inner Tunic (IT) is worn and is long sleeved. No bare-armed Generic Jedi.
• c. OT’s should have a collar approximately 2 inches (5cm) wide.
• d. OTs overall length is minimum mid-thigh and may extend to the floor. O
• e. No Kimonos’s, karate/judo gi or gi like construction allowed.

INNER TUNIC (IT):
May be a full tunic or a false tunic (meaning a collar, neck portion and sleeves may be added to a shirt or t-shirt). Dickies or tunics/shirts with a Mandarin collar are allowed.
• a. If the OT is sleeveless, then an IT must be worn and must have long sleeves.
• b. Blouses and standard store bought turtlenecks may be used, but will not be considered ITs for the purposes of costume requirements.

TABARDS:
• Must extend at least to or past the bottom hem of the OT on the front. The back tabards may end under the obi or may extend to (or past) the bottom hem of the OT (or may be the same length as the front tabards). This guideline is obviously for the more traditional length OTs. For OTs that are longer (past the knee or to the floor or where a full length skirt is worn), the tabard length would be more variable.
• a. Tabard construction should be such that the front tabards do not overlap. This is often accomplished by constructing the tabards in a “Y” formation where any seam joining the tabard below the obi to the tabard above the obi is covered by the obi. Tabards may cross in the back. Tabards may be sewn together in the back.
• b. Scarf-style tabards, having an around-the-neck design, are permitted.
• c. A single front tabard, centrally located (covering the crotch area) is permitted.
• d. The end of the front tabard(s) may have a variable design (square, rounded, triangular, octagonal, etc.)
• e. Tabards may have borders and/or varying decorative symbols or other decorations (such as Aurebesh, etc.). The decorations/designs should not obviously be from an Earth-bound period or culture (Renaissance, Celtic, Asian, tribal, etc.)
• f. Leather or pleather tabards are permitted.
• g. Tabard width should generally be from the seam at the collar of the OT to the edge of the shoulder and be a similar width as the obi. A general width to use would be 5 inches to 6 inches wide (depending on one’s height and build). Common sense should be used in selecting Tabard width, and the width should be proportional to the costumer’s body.
• h. Kataginu are not permitted.

OBI (Sash):
• The obi wraps around the waist, and should be approximately three times the width of the belt and/or of a similar width as the tabards.
• a. Obi closures (Velcro, snaps, etc.) should not be visible.
• b. Leather or pleather Obi are permitted.
• c. Obi may have borders.

PANTS OR SKIRT:
a. Pants should largely be non-descript without decoration. Traditional pants pockets are permitted, but must not be visible (e.g., hidden under the skirt of the OT).
b. No Cargo pants.
c. No hakamas.
d. Skirts (those separate from the OT) should be long enough so that no bare skin is visible, and may be floor length.
e. No Corellian Blood Stripes (Han Solo Pants).

JEDI BELT:
Black or Brown Utility Belt (all belts should be proportional to wearer):
* Style A: Similar to Prequel Jedi belts: Wide leather main (inner, against the Obi) belt with a thinner secondary belt (outer) on top of the main belt, and a movie-style or similar buckle on the secondary belt.
a. Thinner secondary belt cannot be loose or “sag”.
b. Button studs should be used to help anchor the outer/thinner belt to the inner/wider belt. Generally, 8, eight button studs (screw posts or Chicago Screws, preferred) are used. Sam Browne button studs are permitted. The metal of the studs should match the metal of the buckle.
* Style B: Similar to Original Trilogy (Luke and Old Ben) belts: Singular wide leather belt with a rectangular, octagonal or oval unadorned buckle.
a. Belts are generally two inches to two and a half inches wide, but the width should be in proportion to the wearer. Very tall or large costumers may need a wider belt. Very short people may need a narrower belt.
b. Belt closures (Velcro, snaps, etc.) should not be visible.
c. No Earth-bound buckles or buckles that obviously belong to an Earth-bound period, culture or to other sci-fi/fantasy genres.

BOOTS:
Brown or Black Boots – Leather or leather-like (no rubber boots).
a. Mid-calf, but not above the knee. (motorcycle boots, or “engineer” boots, ~ 14″) Extentions like seen in the movie are allowed).
b. No visible laces or outside zippers. When necessary, inside zippers are permitted.
c. Straps & shin-spats are allowed but not required (though can be used to cover laces and zippers).
d. Boots and belts should match (be of a complimentary color), i.e., black and black or brown and brown. No black/brown combinations.
e. Buckles are permitted, but should complement the boot and not detract from the overall look of the Jedi costume.
f. Low-heeled 1 – 1 1/2 inches maximum. Spike heels are not permitted.
g. Mini-Chaps (not above the knee) are allowed.
h. Lower leg armour (plastic) have to be combined with white clone boots.

LIGHTSABER:
(No toy sabers, no Ultimate FX short saber). The lightsaber may be a static prop (hilt-only). Attached blade(s), LED lights, and sound effects, are allowed but not required.
a. Metal hilt lightsabers are preferred, though custom lightsabers constructed of other materials are permitted.
b. Blade colors accepted are: blue, green, yellow, orange, white and violet. No red, pink or black blades.
c. Double-blade sabers are allowed.

LIGHTSABER CLIP:
Covertec or similar style lightsaber clip OR a hook/clip for lightsaber on belt.
a. For the “hook/clip” type of lightsaber attachment, the lightsaber (itself) will likely have a D-ring (similar to the connection system for the armored Darth Vader and Old Ben lightsabers).

PERMITTED COLOURS:
for Outer Tunics, Inner Tunics, Tabards, Obi, Pants and Robes/Cloaks(capes): Earth tone colors, preferably shades of brown, gray, black and white. Other earth tones are allowed (greens, blues, yellows, violets and reds (where the reds are darker and in the burgundy family), but should be muted. No bright or loud (sharp) colors are allowed (examples would include: red, pink, neon green, etc.). Combinations of red and black are not allowed, as they are considered Sith colors.
----------
II. Hard Parts:

JEDI ARMOUR:
• Style 1) Clone-styled forearms armour (realistic style). White only.
• Style 2) Clone-styled forearms armour (animated style). White only.
• Style 3) Clone wars-styled Jedi General forearms armour ( animated style). White only.
• Style 4) Heavy leather gauntlets.
------------------------------------
FORMAL REQUIREMENTS
FOOD CAPSULES:
Food pellets (at least one set of four) Food pellets should be painted a metallic color and may be gold, silver, bronze, copper or pewter. Other metallic colors are not permitted.

JEDI POUCHES:
Two (or more) utility pouches or resin cast utility boxes. ( Leather or leather-like material or resin cast boxes, as seen in the Star Wars universe. )
a. The paint scheme on resin cast boxes should blend well with the overall costume.
b. Bags are not pouches, and are not permitted to serve as a pouch/box option.[/color]

COMLINK
Comlink on armoured forearm

--------------------
Optional Requirements:

1. Painting: Republic logo on the lower arm armour, jedi order symbol, or any symbol. Any armour parts can either be shiny white (new look), be weathered or painted like seen on references.
(example: Obi-Wan, Plo Koon, Cin Drallig, Ima-Gun Di, Saesee Tiin, ....)

2. Armour Hand Plate attached to a black gloves- White only. Either animated or realistic clone style, but must be the correct one that fits with the style of the lower arm armour.

3. Lower leg armour- White only. Either animated or realistic clone style, but must be the correct one that fits with the style of the lower arm armour.

4. Upper chest armour in combination with shoulder bells - White only. Either animated or realistic clone style, but must be the correct one that fits with the style of the lower arm armour.

5. Jetpack

6. Clone Trooper Helmet . Either animated or realistic clone style, but must be the correct one that fits with the style of the lower arm armour.

7. Special jedi general neck/should armour (animated style)

8. Hooded capes or full jedi cloak like seen on references.

-----------------------------------

Edit: Typo at the Hard Parts
JEDI ARMOUR:
• Style 1) Clone-styled forearms armour (realistic or animated style). White only.
• Style 2) Clone-styled forearms armour (realistic or animated style). White only.

KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Wretched Hive DMerchO 2014/2015
Twilek - Saga

Last edited by Leroni (Leroni) on Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
imwright1979 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject: I'm confused here Reply with quote

Are they revising this so that leg armor is mandatory for a Jedi General? I would be against this. On Clone Wars many of the Generals just wore the gauntlets with no additional armor including body or leg. This should be an option and not a mandatory requirement, that's my opinion.
ZlaAul ()
Active Legion Member

Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: I'm confused here Reply with quote

imwright1979 wrote:
Are they revising this so that leg armor is mandatory for a Jedi General? I would be against this. On Clone Wars many of the Generals just wore the gauntlets with no additional armor including body or leg. This should be an option and not a mandatory requirement, that's my opinion.

If I understand correctly, it is part of the option, and not compulsory item.
Assistant Temple Master - 2017/2018
Temple Master - 2018 - 2020

"The difference, they say, /Is only made right
By the resolving of gray/Through refined Jedi sight."
Lokrin ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm confused here Reply with quote

imwright1979 wrote:

it is definitly an OPTIONAL ITEM
MO/Events/PR of Lothal Base
"Loth-rat, Loth-cat, Loth-wolf, run. Pick a path
and all is done."
Dune Mysthopper ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not very familiar with this process and wanted to ask what the results were on this ...Or rather what the state of this revision is? Can I go ahead and start working on a General Jedi General with this voted on revisions or if I should wait?
As I was looking at the http://newsite.rebellegion.com/generic-jedi-general-the-clone-wars/ the other day.

While I did not get in to vote in time, I did want to say that I do agree with the changes. However, I saw this revision was agreed on in the votes anyway.

That said I wonder if I could respectfully ask about clarification on the "white only" parts and maybe about accepted armor attaching methods.

-When it says "white only" is that both weathered or shiney?
-For Style "4) Heavy leather gauntlets." it does not list anything for color but the other styles do. I am curious, does only leather allows for other colors or are there color limitations with leather?
-Does this list acceptable or unacceptable ways armor fastens or attaches to the clothes? Is there any way fasteners could be visible or not? Does the leather armor allowed for ties or snaps? (With leather for example, what about a something like this as acceptable: https://www.ravenswoodleather.com/ravenswood_leather_galleries/Gallery/thumbnails/daniel-lane.jpg)
- Also is the gray colored armor style included into any of the armor styles? Examples include clone wars Anakin, Vos, Voolvif Monn and Ki-Adi-Mundi who has darker gray armor pieces. (Previously brought up in the Jedi General discussion Thread, I am not sure if this darker gray armor was addressed however.)
-Lastly, Under boots, Listing only brown, and black at the top could get confusing when it lists white as acceptable later with armor. I was feeling uncertain if it was saying it is okay for me to buy white boots if I have white armor or if it is saying I need to use my brown boots even if I have the white shin armor.

I understand if these are not addressed, I mean it's already past time. No worries. I just wanted to be helpful for others, as some stuff I feeling unsure about with what is being said.
Lokrin ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hallo
i am glad to answer you questions

-When it says "white only" is that both weathered or shiney?
I wanted to keep both options open, as it is a matter of personal taste. i prefer weathered as clones are usually all weathered too - accoding to clone detachments shiny new clones will not get approved anymore.

-For Style "4) Heavy leather gauntlets." it does not list anything for color but the other styles do. I am curious, does only leather allows for other colors or are there color limitations with leather?
The leather parts are "leftover from the original CS and ther was no colour limitation too. i think it is stil open to a free colour design, as it was in the past, BUT i would follow the colour guidelines mentioned in the generic jedi....

puh i am not a costume judge and i can not remeber any leather jedi general so far...
it does not say no an leather is usually fastened as you mentioned or "classic style with astring

Also is the gray colored armor style included into any of the armor styles? Examples include clone wars Anakin, Vos, Voolvif Monn and Ki-Adi-Mundi who has darker gray armor pieces. (Previously brought up in the Jedi General discussion Thread, I am not sure if this darker gray armor was addressed however.)
no, as i found no way to sort out possible armour combinations without creating a complete chaos (i wrote the armour part of this cs)
I still want to create a further cs which coveres the armour parts you mentioned and i will be happy about any support!

-Lastly, Under boots, Listing only brown, and black at the top could get confusing when it lists white as acceptable later with armor. I was feeling uncertain if it was saying it is okay for me to buy white boots if I have white armor or if it is saying I need to use my brown boots even if I have the white shin armor.
black or brown boots with NO clone leg armour - white with leg armour (here you can use white savity shoes as many clones create the clone shoes out of them
MO/Events/PR of Lothal Base
"Loth-rat, Loth-cat, Loth-wolf, run. Pick a path
and all is done."
Leroni (Leroni)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

only a small comment to the leather gauntlets.

they look wonderful, i like the stitched symbol.
but ... i tried to send in some parts in gold and was denied. I think that the gold is too shiny and not a jedi - colour. So please dont be surprised when they deny the gauntlets.

yours
Leroni
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Wretched Hive DMerchO 2014/2015
Twilek - Saga

thesinki93 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming to the forum a bit late here. I am also interested in the consideration of dark grey chest/shoulder armour that Dune pointed out above. I completely respect the effort and hard work of those involved with getting these standards drawn up and revised. It's clearly massive job to do. Still, I am sad to see the revisions didn't include this.

I'm in the process of trying to make gauntlets to fit style 4 - heavy leather gauntlets and am having a really hard time finding references to base my build on. I've done a foam mock up before I actually cut the leather but have no idea if I am on the right track or not. It seems there are clearer references to support dark grey chest/shoulder armour than there are heavy leather gauntlets. (Examples from Dune above)

Seems the poll shows most people agree with the revisions which is great to see. Very happy that the use of black and grey tones is now permitted.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standards Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: