Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d9d37bccc078942f8259f37dd22060ecMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hello Ra Kura

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Ra Kura Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finntheirish ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Hello Ra Kura Reply with quote

I am thrilled to have been accepted as an official Member of the RL yesterday with my Generic Jedi!

If anybody is interested i'll briefly share my journey to the path of the Jedi! I was never really into Star Wars as a kid. My parents were not Sci Fi people and I was never really exposed to it. My first Star Wars Memory was playing battlefront with my friend in middle school. He was a huge star wars fan and helped me to understand what it was all about. During my freshman year of High School he invited me to go watch episode III on opening night. Needless to say, I did not get hooked. At that point I had not seen any other Star Wars movies, and well Ep III is probably the worst movie to start with. Finally my sophomore year of college I watched it all. I think I watched it because I felt I was not being true to my nerd cultural roots, and was tired of not understanding references and jokes about Star Wars. It was after watching the original trilogy that I became hooked.

I then started working for Disney, a year and a half later we acquired Lucas Film. With so much star wars merchandise and references filling my workplace I became even more passionate about it. A few years ago at Star Wars weekends I first encountered the Legion. I thought, "one day I want to do that." I first encountered the Ra Kura Base at Megacon 2015 and decided to build my costume. This year I built my costume and ran it by the guys at the booth and with their vote of confidence submitted my application.

This leads me to today, excited to become a part of the community and continue on my journey into the world of Star Wars. All while promoting Star Wars and a sense of volunteerism within the community!

I hope to get to know you all in due time!
Oni (Chris)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
LaV317 (LaVonne)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Ra Kura! Amadalia
ROTJ Leia (complete)
TFA General Leia (complete)
Senatorial Leia (in progress)
Ceremonial Leia (in progress)
AOTC Jamilla (90%)
AOTC Corde' (in progress)
Mara Jade (501st Approved)
Jedi Golightly ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

Make sure to check your Legion inbox for a special welcome message. Also, make sure to check out:

https://www.facebook.com/rakurabase/photos/a.388588365523.360510.359031450523/10156933004600524/?type=3&theater

Wink
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice talking to you about WW1 biplanes this past weekend. You'll be building your X-wing, A-wing, B-wing, or U-wing pilot impression next, right? Right?
Asil Kaiju ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can never have too many Generic Jedi! we are strong with the Force, because we are many!
SutasKawes ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There’s always a pilot plug..... Cool

Welcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Ra Kura Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: