Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5de67db9f1e598326352d082d8d00b59Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[WIP] Senate Guard Rifle 3D model
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Senate Guards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ritin Kornas ()
Helvetica Base CO
Helvetica Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sylverbard wrote:
Hi. Just wondering if the files for this were made available?

Hi sylverbard.
Thanks for you interest. So far no I didn't had the opportunity to print it for myself, and thus to release the files. I also want to print first for me, to be sure of the quality of the file and check if any adjustments are necessary Wink

Will try to do it soon !
Cheers
sylverbard ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ritin Kornas wrote:
sylverbard wrote:
Hi. Just wondering if the files for this were made available?

Hi sylverbard.
Thanks for you interest. So far no I didn't had the opportunity to print it for myself, and thus to release the files. I also want to print first for me, to be sure of the quality of the file and check if any adjustments are necessary Wink

Will try to do it soon !
Cheers

No worries. I wont need it for a couple months :-)
Ritin Kornas ()
Helvetica Base CO
Helvetica Base CO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little update on this project !

I started some test print for some functional aspects. So far so good ! Multiple connection, lock, entering system added and some more to come. I'm also optimising the parts and there design to be printed using the least amount of plastic possible (filling a model for it to be bridging to avoid any support for example). But I realise between all the options, this will be a total mess to figure out the part Laughing I Can see at least 60 3D files to be made !

So I started to prepare a little guide.
There will be 3 types of options :
- Design Options: Those are options on the design of the weapon itself. They are reflecting the various way one can understand the reference pictures, given they are either not good for most, or sometimes contradictory between themselves.
- Function options. Those have nothing to do with the design of the weapon, but the functionality of the various parts. Example : Trigger can be pressed done or is static.
- Printing options. Not everyone as same size of printer. I have personally only a 15*15*15cm printer, So files will be available to be printed with various printer size. Roughly 50*50*60 (CR-10 printer typically)cm, 30*30cm, and 15*15cm.

Here is already a nomenclature of the various part.

And I started with the Design Options guide.
The function options guide will come later.

The model is built to be supported by a 12mm aluminium tube inserted inside, for strength but also to be built off for transport. Wink It will also serve to lock pieces in place, Example of that is the top of the fore-end grip you can see above. The loop will go around the tube to block it from falling, and given the fore-end go inside the barrel, it will be block also left/right/front/back, thus this part will require no glue or so to assemble, just a specific order (guide of assembly to come too Wink )

Edit : This model include various options from the movie, but none from the Clone Wars miniseries so far, or from comics. It does however include options that are derived from toys and that could match poor movie references.

Last edited by Ritin Kornas () on Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ritin Kornas ()
Helvetica Base CO
Helvetica Base CO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going personally for the following combo :
- Buttons Main Body I think (not sure yet, depends if I can find an idea to make the sliders functional)
- Chamfered edge fore-end (just because it will be more comfy to hold)
- 6 shooter versions for all the barrels parts (back, mid and front).
- Round scopes, with the long one for the rear scope. I find that more elegant to match the magazine length and body width.

Anyway for the scopes this is super easy to change, as well as the fore-end (as it seems so far)

I'm interested for current guards if you see any missing options, to let me know, with a ref pics to "prove" it could be the case.
Thx !
Darkwar (Andre Bezemer)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow Ritin, this is so good, my blaster is made from Timber (Pine) and its so heavy over a period of time, that I don't want to wear the costume, I would be very interested to print these files so I can senate guard more often. Keep up the good work.

Ahsoka Tano

Ritin Kornas ()
Helvetica Base CO
Helvetica Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the nice words Smile
Regarding the weight, forgot to mention, I think the full blaster will probably be something like 1 to 2 kg. Wink If ABS, with aluminium inside.

Regarding the files, When it will be done it will be feature as one of the 3D models of the month on our facebook page. Wink so you might want to keep an eye on it!
ionicdesign (Michael)
Takodana Base CO
Takodana Base CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing Thibaut, looking good.

What is the link to your Facebook page?

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011–2013 • LCJ • Assistant Rebel Legion Webmaster
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's right here: https://www.facebook.com/RLGalacticSenate/

We have started posting 3D files on the RLGS Facebook page to help out costumers in making various costumes.

And I can say that we are some coming guards, who are very exited about this. But so many options!

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Senate Guards All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: