Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f153b0693fed64468b4dee517726b218Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Website thoughts: A round table

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coryphefish (Colleen J)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Website thoughts: A round table Reply with quote

To all who dock in Bay 94,

I have a plan together for how I want to structure the website (organized by character, not by resource!) ...and a lot of ideas for what to put in it. I'll be working on the first sample page soon.

Meanwhile...as website users, costume makers, and members of a community, what content would be helpful for you?

Costume ideas so far:
-Costume standard links
-Reference photos
-Tutorials
-Vendor lists
-Source lists (commonly used approvable items)
-Patterns/stencils
-3D print files
-List of all members' usernames who have been approved with that costume
-Creative photo collages to compare color shades et. al.
-Galleries of approved members sharing close up details of how they did this or that
-Misc files
-List of links to external sites that might also help. (RPF threads, other communities, Facebook groups, etc)

Community ideas:
- Trooping incentive program
- Base level detachment pages
- Prospective member guide

Commanding Officer, Docking Bay 94 Detachment
2017/18: DXO DB94, BMO Freedom Base

"Translation: Two percent probability that the organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted.
That may be wishful thinking on my part, master."
~HK-47
CaptSolo77 (Brian)
Mos Eisley Base CO
Mos Eisley Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!! This would be AMAZING!!

Not really any suggestions yet...if we could even get what you've got listed here up and running, it would be awesome!!

Can't wait to see what it looks like!!

"I may not be Han Solo, but I play him in real life."
coryphefish (Colleen J)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptSolo77 wrote:
WOW!! This would be AMAZING!!

Not really any suggestions yet...if we could even get what you've got listed here up and running, it would be awesome!!

Can't wait to see what it looks like!!

Thanks, I really appreciate it Smile

Head over to the pinned post and check out what I have so far! I at least blew the dust off, rearranged it into something work-able, and added the trooping incentive program leaderboards.

And anything you can do with sharing resources and reference photos would help a lot!

"Translation: Two percent probability that the organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted.
~HK-47
coryphefish (Colleen J)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update! It's finally happening! There's pages and everything, I just need to start putting stuff into them.

Here's a form to toss links onto. Favorite greeblies on Amazon. Awesome Etsy shops. External websites that really helped. Friendly facebook communities. Useful files on Shapeways or thingiverse. Anything!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfiNyiv4Rn8mZ8gOYf9IoPmWul4GF4ib9q5cxEzT22El4OErQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

~HK-47
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: