Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b00e6c3c4edac635ee549d3484d35ed6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Back to La Licorne Ailée's profile       
Viewing costume :: Padme Amidala
Costume

Character Profile

Padme Amidala
Senator
Member:  La Licorne Ailée
Rebel Legion Reserve
French Base
Character Name:  Padme Amidala
Costume Type:  Old Republic Royalty/Senatorial
Formal/Canon
Species:  Human
Political Position:
Senator
Home Planet:
Naboo

Character/Costume Description

This costume, consisting of a mermaid skirt, a leather corset, a pearls and velvet ankles-lenght necklace,and leather fitted fingerless gauntlets, is worn in a scene where Anakin tries to convince Padme to have a relatinship with him. The Visual Dictionary says that it is non-official and reflects Padme's true feelings about Anakin, although she's doing her best to discourage him. During production, this is was known as costume P-7.

I made the skirt with a printed fabric, which is the exact replica of the pattern seen in the movie. I lined this fabric with a strong cotton to help give the shape of the mermaid tail. I made the corset for real, in lamb leather, steel bones, and specific cotton-corset-fabric, with the opening on the center front. The gloves are from the same lamb leather, linen with thin cotton (to prevent the leather from losing its shape, and also absord the sweat). The necklace with pearls was made on my command by a friend jeweler, and I added the velvet when I received it.

Pictures on other sites
 Back

Completet view

Front close-up

Gloves close-up

Side

Side close-up

The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2019 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.