About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0591eb59a4332ce740a32a6e29b65d12Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Back to neimhailles profile       
Viewing costume :: Leia
Costume

Character Profile

Leia
Member:  neimhaille
Active Legion Member
Naboo Outpost
Character Name:  Leia
Costume Type:  Rebel Royalty/Senatorial
Formal/Canon
Species:  Human
Political Position:
Home Planet:
Alderaan

Character/Costume Description

This took six months of trials and tribulations to actually make. I sculpted it all in plasticine, and a few found items, then molded in silicon with plaster cases and cast in a variety of resins as I was learning what I could and couldn't work with!
I wound up fibreglassing the bikini proper to give it some flex and be very strong and difficult to break.
The skirt is a silk I dyed to match. I tested the colour under dark, light and flash lighting conditions and it changes colour under all three conditions in much the way the original skirt does.
I literally glue myself into this costume at conventions with Prosthetic Aide to prevent any accidental pulls on the skirt.

Pictures on other sites
 Defiant in the face of dangerous odds

On guard

Something funny

The back

The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2014 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.