About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=dfd64fc4e63572f692164d798e1f2e23Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ra Kura Base members       
Viewing costume :: Padme Amidala
Costume

Character Profile

Padme Amidala
Senator
Member:  BrieWings (Brianna Musgrave Gaffey)
Active Legion Member
Ra Kura Base
Character Name:  Padme Amidala
Costume Type:  Old Republic Royalty/Senatorial
Formal/Canon
Species:  Human
Political Position:
Senator
Home Planet:
Naboo

Character/Costume Description

This is my new and much improved version of this costume.

This costume is based off of the gray and silver "Packing" gown worn by Senator Padme Amidala in Episode II. Silk velvet was hand dyed with custom blended colors for the gray bodice. Corset boning and herringbone coutil give the bodice smoothness and structure. Charcoal silk dupioni and velvet are hand couched with gray and gold cording on the front stomacher panel. The stomacher embroidery is heavily embellished with over 800 genuine turquoise, bone and seed beads. The charcoal silk dupioni skirt is yoked and pleated. The custom dyed gray crinkle silk georgette sleeves are bloused over antiqued silver leafed armbands with turquoise cabochons. The hair jewelry and armbands were all hand crafted. A headband and foam frame support the hairpiece. The gown was entirely draped and patterned from scratch to replicate the original.

Pictures on other sites
 Back view

CV Costume Contest

CV Costume Contest with my mini Leia

CV Costume Contest with my mini Leia

Front view

Packing Gown Stomacher/Front Panel

Padme Packing Gown hair

The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2014 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.