Duchess Satine Kryze
New Mandalorian Leader
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Rebel Legion Reserve
||Duchess Satine Kryze
||Old Republic Royalty/Senatorial
|New Mandalorian Leader
“I remember a time when Jedi were not generals, but peacekeepers.” – Duchess Satine Kryze
Character Background and Description:
Satine Kryze was raised on the planet of Kalevala. Later, she became the Duchess of Mandalore. During Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi's training, he and his Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, were sent on an extended mission to Mandalore. They spent a year on Mandalore protecting the young Duchess, Satine Kryze, from hostile insurgents threatening her world. During that time Satine and Obi-Wan grew close to each other. After a devastating Mandalorian Civil War, Satine was left to rebuild her world and, despite his feelings toward her, Obi-Wan continued with his training and was reassigned. He would later admit to her that, had she asked him to stay with her, he would have left the Jedi to be with her.
Satine became a staunch pacifist and led the New Mandalorians, a reformist political faction on the planet Kalevala. Eventually, Satine rebuilt her world, but her pacifist government was opposed by a group of militarists she thought to be 'hooligans', known as Death Watch. Duchess Satine and several other Mandalorian officials worked to root out the Death Watch, and eventually ascertained that they were based on Mandalore's moon of Concordia.
Homeworld - Kalevala
Species - Human
Gender - Female
Hair color - Blonde
Eye color - Blue
Skin color – Fair
Chronological and political information Era(s):
Rise of the Empire era
• New Mandalorians
• Galactic Republic
• Council of Neutral Systems
New Mandalorians General information Leader(s):
Duchess Satine Kryze
• Prime Minister Almec
• Deputy Minister Jerec
• Senator Tal Merrik
Headquarters - Sundari, Mandalore
Locations - Mandalore, Kalevala
730 BBY - Fragmentation
20 BBY - Reorganization
20 BBY as Mandalorian Protectors
‘The Disguise’ Costume Description:
This costume was made entirely from screen shots from The Clone Wars - The Mandalore Plot. No reference materials were used in creating this costume as none were available or have been released to the public.
The cloak is made from Royalty 3 velvet and is the shade of fire red. It is lined in gold with a silky solid fabric. The Mandalore Motifs that are on the trim of the cloak and hood were hand drawn and than digitized via computer using metallic gold thread (quadruple stitched) and transferred to suede cloth via an embroidery machine.
The dress is made from costume suede cloth and is floor length with a high neckline. The sleeves are arms-length, flowing down and coming to a point which extends over the hands. They have a slight exaggerated ‘puff’ at the shoulder. The sleeves and drapes (around the hips) are made from a silky solid fabric in wine color. A petticoat was added underneath to give an elongated look and for flare.
The belt and necklace are made of leather and were dyed a Cova gold color. The Mandalore Motif on the front of the belt was hand-carved/tooled. The necklace has one single aqua blue stone and is attached via a gold chain.
The Victorian/Spanish style hair comb, which was hand-crafted and imported from England, has three aqua blue stones, and small red crystal stones to accent the comb design.
The ‘Disguise’ Costume Standards
1. Floor-length red dress made from either velvet or suedecloth with a high collar, side-hip drapes made from silky solids or satin in a wine or biking red color, with long-puffy sleeves of the same, flowing down the arms coming to a point which extends over the hands.
2. Red floor-length cloak made of velvet and lined in silky solid fabric in a gold color, with embroidered Mandalore Motifs stitched in metallic gold thread on a 2 inch trim, flowing down the front edges of the cloak and around hood.
3. Leather belt, hand-carved and/or tooled with the Mandalore Motif and dyed in Cova gold color.
4. Gold necklace with aqua blue stone/rhinestone.
5. Blond color hair (see below).
6. Blue eyes (see below).
OPTIONAL (TWO TO BE FORMAL)
1. Large, dangly gold earrings with aqua blue stones.
2. Blond color hair – natural, dyed or wig.
3. Blue eyes - natural or contact lenses.
4. Victorian/Spanish style hair comb with three aqua blue stones/rhinestones, outlined with small red crystal stones for accent.
1. Droid Deactivator
Supervising Costume Director / Motif Drawing: Robin Parker
Head Costuming Seamstress: Marie Cannon (Granny-Wan)
2nd Costuming Seamstress / Motif Embroidery: Kathleen Tullnoss