Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f0b8e96283809af81864f3962163939dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Viewing costume :: Bria Silivren
Costume

Character Profile

Bria Silivren
Jedi Knight
Member:  Ember
Active Legion Member
Naboo Outpost
Character Name:  Bria Silivren
Costume Type:  Jedi
Formal/Canon
Species:  Human
Jedi Knight
Lightsabre Color:
Blue

Character/Costume Description

This is my generic Jedi costume. I wanted to use a combination of colours in my costume, so decided on creams and browns.

Outer Tunic:

-The outer tunic is made from a cream coloured crinkle cotton-blend fabric. I used the Simplicity Jedi sewing pattern for a base, which was heavily modified. I included a waist seam to allow the bottom hem to flare out more (seam is hidden by the obi), and the back of the waist is elasticised to help the robe hang nicely at the back.
I incorporated shoulder tucks into the design.
The tunic is fully lined, and left with an open-bottom hem. The hemline is blind-hem stitched, so there is no visible stitching from the outside.

Under Tunic:

-This is made from a chocolate coloured stretch knit. I designed my own pattern from tracing around stretch-knit tops I have onto newspaper, and altering the pattern to be a cross-over top that does up with hooks and snaps at the sides. I designed it to be a midriff-top, so it won’t interfere with the obi around my waist.
The sleeves were made extra long, and gathered at the wrists to make them the correct length.

Tabbards:

-These are made from a tan coloured crinkle cotton-blend fabric. Each is made up of 6 pieces of fabric – the 2 ends that hang below the obi, and one big piece that runs from the front waist to back waist. They are double-sided, and the outward-facing pieces are fully interfaced, to give them some extra support. They come down in the back as far as the ones in the front do, and they are stitched together at their cross-over points to help them hang evenly below the obi.
They are attached to the outer tunic along the shoulder seam with clear snaps.

Obi

-This is a long strip of the cream crinkle-cotton. It does up with clear snaps. It wraps around me twice, and is snapped shut with 2 snaps at the first overlap point, then wraps around once more, and the gathered end does up with 1 snap. The end is gathered so that it is hidden by the belt over the top.

Belt:

-I used an Anakin replica belt to get the correct measurements, and made mine from brown vinyl. I found the most perfect golden buckle in an emporium which was only $1! There are golden rivets holding the thinner belt in place.
The 2 pouches and 4 energy capsules were a gift from my boyfriend who had spares from his costume.
The belt clip is an old pager clip which is narrower than the screen-used clips, but is still capable of having a saber hang from it.

Pictures on other sites
 Back

Front

Left

Right

The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2021 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.