About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=33a6d3e7694d86000f5cc8b62636ff35Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Back to GotWookiees profile       
Viewing costume :: Chewbacca
Costume

Character Profile

Chewbacca
Spice
Member:  GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member
Corellian Base
Character Name:  Chewbacca
Costume Type:  Fringe
Formal/Canon
Species:  Wookiee
Smuggles:
Spice
Home World:
Kashyyyk

Character/Costume Description

Chewbacca, the Mighty Wookiee as seen in the classic trilogy. The body suit is made from a dense netting material with thousands of strands of synthetic KaneKalon hair hand-tied into it, just like the original suit.
The mask is static and is my own custom sculpt, soon to be replaced by a mechanical, much more accurate mask.
I am wearing 14" drywall stilts to increase my height. I am roughly 8 feet tall in the suit, the same as Peter Mayhew when he wore the suit.
The bandolier was made by a friend of mine who is a talented leather worker, and the blocks are solid wood. I plan to replace those as well with something light and hollow.

The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2014 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.