Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cd4c485f6e2cf2c20badbb3e35f12de3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Back to Padawan Tai Lin's profile       
Viewing costume :: Barriss Offee
Costume

Character Profile

ARCHIVED

Barriss Offee
Healer
Member:  Padawan Tai Lin (Jesenia Baez)
Rebel Legion Reserve
Ra Kura Base
Character Name:  Barriss Offee
Costume Type:  Jedi
Archived
Species:  Mirialan
Healer
Lightsabre Color:
Blue

Character/Costume Description

I love the character of Barriss Offee. Especially since she is a Jedi Healer and I work in the medical field!

I used royal purple velvet for the cape, which I embossed with a rubber stamp giraffe skin pattern I found online. The hood was made with a sturdy piece of felt sewn inside and a long piece of floral wire hand-sewn onto the felt. That's how I got it to stay round. I made a separate velvet colar for my neck. I used a matte jersey knit fabric for the skirt. The bottom is actually six pieces cut on the bias and sewn together to give lots of flare and drape. The top is actually a long sleeve leotard I made from a lycra knit. It has small brown horizontal lines which make it look ribbed. I cut the sleeves longer so they could be rolled up to my palms. The buckle was made with DAS clay and two aluminum flat-head machine screws that hooked into my brown leather belt. And finally, I applied the make-up (myself!) using Ben Nye's misty violet for the Chalactan tattoos/lips and an olive green for the face and hands.

This is my very first Star Wars costume and actually the first time I've attempted sewing anything! It was so much fun (and tiring, too) making it. I can't wait to complete my next costume.

The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2021 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.